RM-983 LTE shows connected, but no data connection.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
This just started happening about a week ago. My phone will show that LTE is connected, but there will be no data connection. I can still receive calls and SMS. If I use ##DATA# to enter field test and disable LTE (because AT&T has removed the 2G/3G/LTE switch in settings), my phone will drop back to HSPA+. After a certain amount of time on HSPA+, if I go and enable LTE, LTE will work just fine, until a future time when it breaks again. I'm not sure if an app could be causing this. I've done a soft reset, battery pull, SIM eject/insert, airplane mode on/off. The drop to HSPA+ then back to LTE seems to be the only way to get LTE to work.

This is very frustrating. I don't want to do a hard reset right now, as I have a feeling the real Denim update is just around the corner, and I'd rather wait to do a hard reset after that. Any other ideas? Anyone else having a similar issue?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Since you have been tinkering with Field Test mode I would suggest enabling all LTE and HSPA bands in Field Test mode and also checking the APN settings under cellular + SIM.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
An update:
Shortly after posting this, my phone's LTE started working again. No changes on my part. It had worked perfect for several weeks. Then just today, it was back to showing LTE, but no data. I'm using the AT&T 830 with a Cricket SIM. Remembering you had mentioned to check APN, I found the Cricket APN settings for Windows Phone:
https://www.cricketwireless.com/sup...d/customer/bring-your-own-windows-device.html

After I manually entered the APN, it started working.

What I find very strange, it worked for 4 months with APN settings (I presume pulled from the SIM card), then stopped working, then started working, then stopped, and only started again today after manually entering the APN. I can only surmise that it is something on their network that allows it to work/not work with default APN settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon