I think my phone is bricked, can I get some help?

Sriyansa Mohanty

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I think my phone is bricked. Help!

I had installed the hacked version of windows 10 on my Lumia 520! And today is was downgrading my phone back to 8.1 ! While installing the firmware from windows phone recovery tool my phone switched off and a red screen with the Nokia symbol along with a progress bar appeared. Suddenly then my phone again restarted and from then my phone's screen is stuck in that red NoKia screen without the progress bar. How to switch on my phone? Reset isn't working. Reboot too. Please help.

AhmadSorour

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: I think my phone is bricked. Help!

I had installed the hacked version of windows 10 on my Lumia 520! And today is was downgrading my phone back to 8.1 ! While installing the firmware from windows phone recovery tool my phone switched off and a red screen with the Nokia symbol along with a progress bar appeared. Suddenly then my phone again restarted and from then my phone's screen is stuck in that red NoKia screen without the progress bar. How to switch on my phone? Reset isn't working. Reboot too. Please help.
Well...if I were you...i would try installing software again through Lumia Recovery Tool..

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

Red screen with NOKIA symbol and progress bar means that the firmware is downloading onto your phone.

was your battery charged before you did the recovery ?
is your battery properly in contact ?
did you touch the phone/usb cable, causing it to disconnect ?

Try again with lumia software recovery tool.
If the phone does not get detected.
there is an option just under the phone image when you open the tool saying "My phone does not start up or respond"
Proceed after clicking that option.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

Now its not switching on :(

before you do a hack try to learn how to return to original state.
I read somewhere that the phone model has to be changed to its original before using lumia recovery tool or windows phone recovery tool.
otherwise it will download the wrong firmware.

MOhammed Baig

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. The phone doesn't even turn on. Nothing on the screen at all.

When I connect it to the computer it detects it as QHSUSB_DLOAD. So far I have tried hard resetting, Windows Phone recovery tool and Lumia software recovery tool.

Hard resetting does not respond at all. (Power+Volume Down)
Lumia Software recovery Tool say this phone is not supported and gives me the instructions to hard reset.
Windows Phone Recovery Tool keeps loading saying its 'Waiting for connection'. Not sure how long it gonna go on.

Please help bring my phone back to life! Its a Lumia 620.

Last edited:

Issam Mousleh

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
same problem :(
i can't turn on my phone and do anything . . .
is there solution or but my phone in garbage :D
my phone like a stone now
please help guys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes