Front facing camera won't load

Ostbiten

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Got my 830 back from RMA where they replaced the screen/digitizer because it had dead pixels.

Now today, I got the new denim update and was trying out the camera a little, then I was going to look at the front facing camera - and the sh*t won't load!! When switching to the front facing camera i Lumia Camera I get this message: Something went wrong! And the application closes. I tried the front facing camera in Facebook messenger, Microsoft camera, Skype and everywhere it's the same.

Is this something that can happen when service replace the screen? It did work good before I got the replacement.

I guess my only option is to RMA it again? :S

tl;dr: Front faceing camera won't load in any application that uses it - what to do?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
During the process the technician might have forgotten to place the camera correctly in the pins (may be)? Or the camera might have been damaged during the repair. I would suggest sending it for repair again

laypark

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem but at the back facing camera in my Lumia 830.
The original problem is that the front screen peeled off from the metal fitting and I sent the phone for repair.
And it took 3 weeks waiting for parts and 1 week for the repair.
That is a very long time.
So, I re-take the phone from Nokia Care after a week with them, since I urgently need to use it for an event but then it turns out the camera not working.
I am very disappointed with Nokia Care.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
It's pretty easy to not snap the camera in all the way, causing that problem. Either that, or the camera is bad.

It's not too hard to check it yourself, but it does require some small torx screwdrivers (I think only a T4 or T5 for that phone). It5 is easy on that one to damage the speaker resistors on the back side of the midframe though, so you have to be careful.

I hate to admit it, but I've changed screens out, and tested everything after, to find the front camera not working. Then, I find the front camera under some stuff on my table, and I have to take the whole dumb thing apart and reinstall it.

My bet is it's not snapped down all the way, like pankaj says.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes