Nokia Lumia 1020 Keeps Freezing & Restarting Again & Again

Black Buzzard

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I just have made my phone alive after a long try. I have put it Charging. But It continually freeze & getting overheat, required a soft reboot (volume down + power buton) to run it again. Even after Rebooting, the phone doesn't always act in the desired behavior. Sometimes it's Restarting Automatically. What can I do now ? :straight:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I just have made my phone alive after a long try. I have put it Charging. But It continually freeze & getting overheat, required a soft reboot (volume down + power buton) to run it again. Even after Rebooting, the phone doesn't always act in the desired behavior. Sometimes it's Restarting Automatically. What can I do now ? :straight:

Sounds like a battery problem. Take it to an accredited service center to have them diagnose the problem. You don't have to leave your phone with them if you don't want to, anyway, but at least you would learn more about the problem from them.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried restoring the firmware using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool? Depending on your location you might also get Denim which has brought in firmware stability improvements to the Lumia 1020 and 925. Give it a try.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like a battery problem. Take it to an accredited service center to have them diagnose the problem. You don't have to leave your phone with them if you don't want to, anyway, but at least you would learn more about the problem from them.

That doesn't sound battery related at all. The heat issue and freezing is indicative of an os instability or app(s) running CPU at full or filling memory.

The first thing they will do at a care center is a restore anyways.

A restore with Lumia recovery tool should fix this. Not a hard reset as that will not reformat system partition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon