Lumia Camera Classic versus Microsoft Camera?

robinperrett

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I took a photo yesterday of a flower display, looked at the result-I wasn't happy with it! The following day I noticed that I hadn't taken it with my Lumia Camera Classic, but with Microsoft Camera which MS had made the default camera without my knowledge.
I can definitely state that the Lumia's results are far superior to the Microsoft's. They installed a large update yesterday so that is when it must have changed! Check your cameras!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I took a photo yesterday of a flower display, looked at the result-I wasn't happy with it! The following day I noticed that I hadn't taken it with my Lumia Camera Classic, but with Microsoft Camera which MS had made the default camera without my knowledge.
I can definitely state that the Lumia's results are far superior to the Microsoft's. They installed a large update yesterday so that is when it must have changed! Check your cameras!

The differences between Microsoft Camera and Lumia Camera have been well-known; some of those differences can be read in these fora, such as in this thread. One of the main differences is the resolution of the image, whereas Microsoft Camera only takes 5MP photos while Lumia Camera utilizes the full resolution of the sensor (for a given aspect ratio).. that is if your phone has a sensor that is much larger than 5MP.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Is Microsoft Camera called that under apps? I don't have "Microsoft Camera" but I do have "Camera" and want to know if that's the same thing or not? TIA

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Is Microsoft Camera called that under apps? I don't have "Microsoft Camera" but I do have "Camera" and want to know if that's the same thing or not? TIA

Microsoft Camera is just "Camera" in the app list. However, newer phones no longer have this (such as the L535), so it won't be in the app list of newer phones.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft Camera is just "Camera" in the app list. However, newer phones no longer have this (such as the L535), so it won't be in the app list of newer phones.
Thanks. I will uninstall it from my 1520.3 and hope it stays that way.

Update:

Never mind; there is no option to uninstall, only "pin to start". :(

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Thanks. I will uninstall it from my 1520.3 and hope it stays that way.

Update:

Never mind; there is no option to uninstall, only "pin to start". :(

Not that this matters, but on my 1520.3 (RM-938), (Microsoft) "Camera" isn't in the program list. Maybe/probably I uninstalled somewhere along the line.

The point is: Why is yours and mine different on the same device?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar