I broke my AT&T Nokia 635 sim card tray, how can I fix it?

fonewbie

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
broke my att nokia 635 sim card tray

used the damn sim adapter and as i inserted it, the sim card somehow popped out and left the adapter inside. i tried to pull it out and found out it was stuck. tried a few ways to wiggle it out but couldn't. instead of cooling off for a few minutes and thinking about the next step, i just yanked it a little harder and now the damage is irreversible.
the side effect of all this is now i can't access windows app store at all. cannot download any app. the time shown on the phone is all screwed up even after manually entering it.
ironic that before all this, i read an article about how a sim adapter could damage a phone and render it unusable just a few hours before this whole fiasco and proceeded to do just that.
now the question is: how do i make this phone download apps? i want to at least download some apps to make it somehow useful.
second: is there a place i can buy the sim card tray and replace it?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: broke my att nokia 635 sim card tray

Did you just change the time or did you restart it too? I'm pretty sure you have to soft reset the phone too.

fonewbie

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: broke my att nokia 635 sim card tray

hi, it appears that soft reset solved the downloading problem from the windows store. thanks a lot. i just manually reset the time. hopefully, the time will remain accurate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon