Why isn't my Lumia 535 charging?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my lumia 535 not charging, the phone is connecting to the power. the battery icon show charging but the battery still remaining on 10-15% even after 24 hour of charging

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: my lumia 535 not charging,

my lumia 535 not charging, the phone is connecting to the power. the battery icon show charging but the battery still remaining on 10-15% even after 24 hour of charging

Welcome to Windows Central.

Since the L535 has a user-removable battery, check that the battery connection is not loose. If the battery connection is loose, you could either adjust the pins or place a piece of paper to tighten the connection.

Make sure, also, that your charger is functional. Try a different charger and observe whether or not the behavior is the same.

If none of these resolve the issue, then you may need to have the battery replaced.

rhiobhelle

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

i bought microsoft phone because it was originally from nokia which are very good phones, but now that it's already microsoft, its very disappointing. So many issues! My lumia 535 is no longer charging after the updates. it is also not recognize by my computer when connected to usb. This is very sad.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

i bought microsoft phone because it was originally from nokia which are very good phones, but now that it's already microsoft, its very disappointing. So many issues! My lumia 535 is no longer charging after the updates. it is also not recognize by my computer when connected to usb. This is very sad.

What updates are you referring to?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

phone defects arent new, I've seen defective Nokia phones too, you've just had bad luck, since its pretty much the same team working on the current Lumias. just with a different company sign on the roof.

Have you tried what gpobernardo suggested above?
Have you tried a hard/factory reset?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
how do i know whether my phone is fully charged or not? I am not getting any notification about battery full charged?
Plz help me about this..

You can get a battery app from the store that'll notify you, but to find out otherwise:

power the phone on, the battery icon will not be blinking, it will be a steady, full battery with a plug over it.

Colette Clerigo

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

I had the same problem with these. It is charging but still remains on 10-15% after an overnight charge. I tried other chargers for 3 days. at first it is working, I had it fully charged but now, it is not moving again.

I'm not sure if the problem is with the battery or the charger. I bought it last April 2015 (its just 3 months old). I'm also not sure if I can return and checked it where I bought it because I also lost my receipt.

What can I do with these? I'm from the Philippines.

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
This is strange, I too had the problem.
I was trying everything on my own before I could approach the service center (As i don't believe them).
1. Changing Adapter,
2. Removing battery for 10 mins and try it again
they were not working until I swapped the battery with another 535 phone, everything start working normal.
Though I am not sure if the problem will occur again, I am biased to think that, Phone recognizes the original battery with some configuration, but since I changed the battery the configurations are gone, and all i need to do is to reinsert my original battery again and use it.

I will post if there will be problem again.

Tshils

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm experiencing similar problem tried all the steps suggested but no luck and disappointed with either Nokia or Microsoft. i don't have another battery or money to buy new battery. Microsoft must come up with a solution rather than spending more money than we already spend buy this gadgets that is not working.

Ilsaggiatore

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
this part is failing, there are so many 535 with this problem too :/
$_57.JPG
you must use your warranty and demand a new device, this problem is harming us :unhappy:

Last edited:

ralph93

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
am on this plartform trying to find solution to this problem too.... this is like the 100th time ive had to search online for a solution to this crappy phone/os.....n ive stumbled upon an answer.... drop all windows gadgetry..... let microsoft stick to computers n nothing else n even this linux proves to be better in comparison.... have tried to be a indows enthusiast but damn! microsoft is a tough crowd to please.... my advice.... fix the phone,sell it and buy an android or iphone

ralph93

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
am on this platform seeking a solution to the same problem......I understand that defects cant lack in mass production of gadgets....but this is like the 100th time am seeking a solution for this bug ridden phone. from the touch screen issues upon buying, faulty OS....even after the long awaited windows phone 10(which apparently made my device not to even recognize its original charger now to the point of I cant even start the phone to repair it coz its battery is depleted. a wake up call for a faulty phone line(Microsoft Phone branch) to a faulty OS....solution you ask me?...sell off your phone as quickly as possible before the "next bug" comes along and eats away more of your cash...go back to android or iPhone and leave the windows platform

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon