Does my Lumia 930 get LTE as well as 4G?

gasema812

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 930 LTE/4G Status bar

So at the top left corner of windows phones, it tells you what kind of cellular data you have. (E, G, 3G, 4G, LTE, etc). I know that the Lumia 930 has LTE, but it only ever shows me 4G. Does this mean it gets LTE as well? Because I should be getting LTE with where I am (Korea, KT) but even when I search for networks, it only gives me 4G.

I tried looking at other screenshots and videos online for the Lumia 930, but I've only seen it have 4G, and never LTE. Is this possible? Or does it always just show 4G?

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 930 LTE/4G Status bar

I remember there was a discussion somewhere around here about what it shows for data. In some region it shows 4G (or perhaps it was H), whereas in some other regions it shows LTE. It depends on the region of your device.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

So at the top left corner of windows phones, it tells you what kind of cellular data you have. (E, G, 3G, 4G, LTE, etc). I know that the Lumia 930 has LTE, but it only ever shows me 4G. Does this mean it gets LTE as well? Because I should be getting LTE with where I am (Korea, KT) but even when I search for networks, it only gives me 4G.

I tried looking at other screenshots and videos online for the Lumia 930, but I've only seen it have 4G, and never LTE. Is this possible? Or does it always just show 4G?
In theory if you got 4G speed It means you got the highest speed possible. while LTE is sslower than 4G itself
Some expert says that LTE is 3.9G while HSDPA is 3.5G and HSDPA+ is 3.75G which all of them isn't 4G

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

4G = LTE = L
My L930 shows "L" in EU, Slovenia, with download speeds up to 100 mbps...
3G is slower than H, which is slower than 4G/LTE
My old Nokia phone showed 3,5G, which is same as H.

There

gasema812

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

I always had the impression that LTE was the fastest possible (LTE-A). On my Lumia 735, it always showed LTE, but now with my Lumia 930 ot only shows 4G. I just didn't know if this was because the Lumia 930 showed only 4G or not (and not LTE). I don't think its a regional thing, because the Lumia 930 and 735 have the same 4G/LTE bandwidths...

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Nahh, i think it depends on the carrier and the phone. Me and my friend both have the same internet data package, but her HTC says 4G, my L930 says L, and people in other countries see LTE on their L930. It's the same thing. Anyway...It's freakin fast, which is great :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

In most places, LTE IS 4G.
There are some exceptions like the US, but my 920, when it got LTE (before I borked it) it displayed it as 4G.

gasema812

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

So... Are US phones the only ones that display LTE then? I still don't understand why it is displayed as LTE on one phone (L735) and the other as 4G (L930)?

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

It's just whatever firmware is installed. Just a silly little icon.
The whole thing is really messed up.
For instance, here, in the US, AT&T phones (AT&T firmware), will display "4G" when on their HSPA+ network (really 3G) and will display "LTE" when on their LTE network. T-Mobile (I think, I could be wrong as I really don't follow them, I'm on AT&T), does a similar thing.
There has been much discussion about how AT&T is "lying" with the displayed icon on their phones.

:)
Fred

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

It's just whatever firmware is installed. Just a silly little icon.
The whole thing is really messed up.
For instance, here, in the US, AT&T phones (AT&T firmware), will display "4G" when on their HSPA+ network (really 3G) and will display "LTE" when on their LTE network. T-Mobile (I think, I could be wrong as I really don't follow them, I'm on AT&T), does a similar thing.
There has been much discussion about how AT&T is "lying" with the displayed icon on their phones.

:)
Fred

Yea, an amusing story from a while back is that the iPhone 4s, which is not LTE equipped, got a software update that among the changes, changed the 3G icon to a 4G icon. That's it.
No speed boost, no OTA hardware upgrade, it just displays 4G now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon