Why can't I see my apps in "my apps"? How to check/update them then?

crowning73

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
If I go to the store and click on my apps it says something like waiting for your 28 apps to load but then nothing happens, is that normal? How do I go about seeing my apps and check whether they're actually up to date or not? (ok, I set update them automatically over wifi but just want to see them)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The "my apps" that you're referring to are not the apps that are installed in your phone. Rather, those are all the apps that you have installed on and/or purchased for any of your Windows devices. My "My Apps" says that I've got 999 apps, but I'm sure that I don't have all of them currently installed in my phone.

To check for the apps that are in your phone, tap on the three dots at the lower right of the screen, tap on "downloads" then swipe over to "history" - this will show you the list of all apps that are currently installed in your phone* in chronological order. You may tap on each of those apps to see if an update is available. If an update is available, you should see "Update" instead of "View" at the lower left of the screen.

And welcome to Windows Central.

* - This should be the same list that can be found in Storage Sense, but the one in storage sense is ordered differently.

crowning73

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Ok, I see. Clicking downloads though still doesn't show me all the apps I installed, I'm pretty sure of that as I installed whatsapp and telegram, which are both working fine, but just wanted to check if an update is available for whatsapp for instance as I still can't make phone calls with whatsapp on my windows mobile, while I can on my blackberry, and not whatsapp nor telegram are listed in the downloads..

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
If I go to the store and click on my apps it says something like waiting for your 28 apps to load but then nothing happens, is that normal? How do I go about seeing my apps and check whether they're actually up to date or not? (ok, I set update them automatically over wifi but just want to see them)

Thats may be because your list is so long. I had same issue 680+ apps. .. It is not loading on slow mobile data.. But it works on wifi network. Data speed matters.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Ok, I see. Clicking downloads though still doesn't show me all the apps I installed, I'm pretty sure of that as I installed whatsapp and telegram, which are both working fine, but just wanted to check if an update is available for whatsapp for instance as I still can't make phone calls with whatsapp on my windows mobile, while I can on my blackberry, and not whatsapp nor telegram are listed in the downloads..

Did you swipe to "History" after tapping on "Downloads"?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
If you want to check for updates to apps, go to the settings in the Store, then scroll to the bottom and check for updates.

crowning73

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Thats may be because your list is so long. I had same issue 680+ apps. .. It is not loading on slow mobile data.. But it works on wifi network. Data speed matters.

No I can safely say that's not my case 1 because I only have seven or eight apps so far and 2 because when I try the phone is always on wifi on a high speed connection.
History won't show all the apps, it only showed two apps whose updates got stuck, that's it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, then, that's strange. The apps I've installed on my L1020 are showing up in the Store History in my L535, which means that the History is for my Microsoft account but not for the phone through which I'm viewing the said history. At the same time, my history is showing 999 apps with no problems.

At any rate, you should be able to let your phone check for updates for your apps through Jas00555's suggestion in post #6.

crowning73

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
If you want to check for updates to apps, go to the settings in the Store, then scroll to the bottom and check for updates.

Yes, but that only shows updates for two app (one of which BTW gets stuck, error code 81030137), I think there should be available the update for whatsapp, the one enabling people to make phone calls, or is it still not available for windows despite having it for my blackberry?
I still believe there's something wrong in the 'my apps' section, it makes no sense that it doesn't show a list of the apps installed, why would they put a 'my apps' tab which doesn't list my apps?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but that only shows updates for two app (one of which BTW gets stuck, error code 81030137), I think there should be available the update for whatsapp, the one enabling people to make phone calls, or is it still not available for windows despite having it for my blackberry?
I still believe there's something wrong in the 'my apps' section, it makes no sense that it doesn't show a list of the apps installed, why would they put a 'my apps' tab which doesn't list my apps?

As of April 9, 2015, that feature has not yet been released to Windows Phone. The update is not yet available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes