I wanna purchase Lumia 1520 but my friends stopped me due to Lumia applications, are they really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: I wanna purchase lumia 1520 but my friends stopped me due to lumia applications

he says to me that lumia 1520 has old versions of apps and even its apps update also comes later.

You have to try and make decisions of your own based on your analysis and judgement.

That's when you get what you aspire for.

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: I wanna purchase lumia 1520 but my friends stopped me due to lumia applications

What the others said... And.. Go to an AT&T store or another store like the Microsoft store and TRY the phone... Generally people always *think* the windows phones are outdated or lack features.. I was a long time Android user... Got the Note 2 and my daughter wanted the Nokia 822 like 2 years ago... The Note 2 was the best Android phone I ever used... reliable, tons of features... one problem.. after two years my daughters USB port went out on her 822 so she had to take a trip and didn't have a way to charge her phone on the road so I let her use my beloved Note2 because I could charge her extra battery here at home so I used her phone and she used mine for a couple days... After using it just a couple days I realized "This low end windows phone in MANY ways was light years ahead of my Note2!" when she got back and gave me my phone back I started counting down the days for my contract to end so I could dump the Note and get a 1520. A week after my contract with Verizon ended, I picked up a new 1520 and have had it for a few months now. MUCH better phone than the Samsung Android phone. So you never know.. Give it a whirl.. you might like it.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Get new friends. Ain't no one needs that kind of negativity in their life.

Vic Nair

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

The Nokia Lumia 1520, awesome phone, still the best Nokia phone out there. Almost 2.5 years since release and not a single lag, hang or jam.

narm5

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

Just like your friends don't choose your clothes, likewise, your friends can't choose what phone will go with your taste and expectations. Try the phone and then decide. Agreed that apps are somewhat important, but the windows store is not that empty. Most common used apps are there, even though some are third-parties.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Lol I will definitely not let my friends choose a wife for me.
Sent from Lumia 1520 via Taptalk

threewulfmoon

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

I would care less about what my friends say, and more about what I think. The Nokia 1520 is a great piece of kit. However, I would advise you to hold off until Microsoft makes its announcement about its upcoming flagship phone(s) in the next couple of weeks. The Nokia 1520 is still one of the most powerful Windows Phone around and will tackle W10 admirably. However, if I was in your shoes, I'd hate to plunk down a substantial amount of money on yesterday's flagship when the next flagship is hopefully just days away from being announced.

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I have 2 fault with my 1520 running the latest OS. The new camera does some funky automation thing where it makes some of my images appear edited with more sharpness and contrast and slightly lighter. Also there appears to be an issue where swipes are registered as taps. hat isn't as much of a problem as it doesn't happen too often and I have learned to insure my gestures are swipes and not flicks (maybe that's why it doesn't happen too often. maybe the phone trained me.) That's it. The music application is the worst ever in life if managing and listening to your own music collection. things from the music store work perfectly. I have never experienced any kind of application limitations. I can't speak to that part.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

I have 2 fault with my 1520 running the latest OS. The new camera does some funky automation thing where it makes some of my images appear edited with more sharpness and contrast and slightly lighter. Also there appears to be an issue where swipes are registered as taps. hat isn't as much of a problem as it doesn't happen too often and I have learned to insure my gestures are swipes and not flicks (maybe that's why it doesn't happen too often. maybe the phone trained me.) That's it. The music application is the worst ever in life if managing and listening to your own music collection. things from the music store work perfectly. I have never experienced any kind of application limitations. I can't speak to that part.

I believe the trouble you have with the camera is maybe because you have RICH CAPTURE on.
Look for the wand icon at the top and make sure it is not highlighted.

As for the music player, I spent weeks trying to find the best music player in the store. And for me Audiotica caters to my needs.
Audiotica | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (Philippines)

The app ain't perfect and it still has some bugs but after more than a month of use, the developer is committed to making this app great. Updates are constant.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

i would trust my friends

I would agree here. You must always follow. NEVER do anything not approved of by your peers. Never be your own man and make decisions for yourself. Fall in line and do what people tell you to do. It makes you a happy compliant slave to the desires of others.....oh wait, it doesn't.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

I didn't ask anyone when I bought my Icon.. I bought what I would be happy with being as I am the one who would use it all day.. Not family and friends.... Icon been a great purchase for me....

aveese

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I would agree here. You must always follow. NEVER do anything not approved of by your peers. Never be your own man and make decisions for yourself. Fall in line and do what people tell you to do. It makes you a happy compliant slave to the desires of others.....oh wait, it doesn't.

it's just a phone not a life-changing decision.
you sure would wanna have the same apps like your friends do.
friends have common likes.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Tell your friends you want a phone for working adults, not a play toy.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

it's just a phone not a life-changing decision.
you sure would wanna have the same apps like your friends do.
friends have common likes.

Just some good natured teasing, but you again bring up a good thing to add to the discussion. What apps would his friends be using that WP is lacking AND has no web interface? I think it's valuable because I was listening to "All About Android" last week and they were kvetching about android apps either being portals to web interfaces or being dropped for them. I for one have more than a couple of tiles that are just links to webpages due to a lack of an app.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks like the OP has abandon this thread.

As always thanks to all who have offered input.

We can call this one resolved.
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon