Sent 930 to Nokia Center to repair. I have a question....

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
So after 2 months with my brand new 930 the screen started to act weird. Was not responding my touches, the screen was touching itself opening apps by itself etc so I sent to Nokia Care Center. Its almost a week and I di?nt have a contact from Nokia yet. Do you guys thinks they will fiz the screen issue or will give me a new phone? Thanks

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
This depends on the terms and conditions stipulated in the purchase of your L930. However, since you brought your phone to a service center, chances are they will not replace your phone with a new one. Phone replacements are usually possible when you bring the product back to the store where you got it within the product replacement period warranty of the store.

I just got my L1020 from the service center (it was under warranty when I gave it to them) and I had to wait for exactly three months (90 days), but that's because they took a long time to find a replacement part for my phone. Your L930 is newer and parts may be more readily available than my phone.

Nonetheless, here are some of the things you can do:
1. You may call your service center up for a follow if you want - this is what I did almost every weeks.
2. You may contact their official Twitter handle and inquire for updates and for other queries: @LumiaHelp. In my case, when I asked them the same question on phone replacement rather than repair (since I've been kept waiting for so long, their response was that the replacement of the phone depends on the assessment of their technicians.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh my god. The same thing started happening to me yesterday.. So that wont go away with restore/format? Crap...

You may try to reformat your phone using the lumia software/windows phone recovery tool and see if that resolves the problem - the OP didn't mention anything about this method not working.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok i'll try that. But first i'll wait (if i can) for win 10 preview, then i will do the recovery. So i see if it's worth keeping it or not. Let's just hope the build comes soon. Phone is getting unbearable at times... Thanks

Jacky Singh

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So after 2 months with my brand new 930 the screen started to act weird. Was not responding my touches, the screen was touching itself opening apps by itself etc so I sent to Nokia Care Center. Its almost a week and I di?nt have a contact from Nokia yet. Do you guys thinks they will fiz the screen issue or will give me a new phone? Thanks

If you have bought L930 from India they should repair or replace the phone free of cost during the warranty period. They will try to repair first. Otherwise they will replace with new screen. I had a issue with the L930 on/off button of not level with the volume button. And I gave it for repair stating that it was manufacturing defect . The Nokia care people sent it to chennai in some advance facility. Then it work for about 45 days untill the button stop working. Then last week i gave for repair. And today i just got a new L930. I had some scratches in my old L930. The piece that i got today was of brand new.

So i think you should go to the Nokia care and ask instead of just calling. Sometime we need to push them to work faster and show some frustration.

Jacky Singh

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So after 2 months with my brand new 930 the screen started to act weird. Was not responding my touches, the screen was touching itself opening apps by itself etc so I sent to Nokia Care Center. Its almost a week and I di?nt have a contact from Nokia yet. Do you guys thinks they will fiz the screen issue or will give me a new phone?

Same thing happening to me with the replaced L930. Gave it to Nokia Care yesterday and i strictly told them to replace my L930. Its the 4th time i am returning to Nokia for repairs. I love the phone but regret it buying because of buggy issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes