Now what is the excuse to leave this "flagship" of sorts out of Hyperlapse?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Just read the article about Hyperlapse beta and Hyperlapse for windows phone and in the list of phones the 1020 is left out!!! So far living images 4 k recording and what not i can understand. Is there any excuse for this one?

"The following devices are supported:
? Lumia 435
? Lumia 530
? Lumia 532
? Lumia 535
? Lumia 630
? Lumia 635 ? Lumia 636
? Lumia 638
? Lumia 640
? Lumia 640 XL
? Lumia 730 ? Lumia 735
? Lumia 830
? Lumia 930
? Lumia 1520
? HTC One M8

Phones with 512MB of RAM cannot capture at HD resolutions and Windows Phone 8.0 or lower are not supported." as seen one Windowsphonehub.

WHY MS WHY???!!!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Those are all the phones that shipped with Windows Phone 8.1. (except the 1520)

Interesting.

And its not just your phone as you seem to think.

The rest of our generation isn't in there.
920, 520...

Christus Hirschus

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Looks like MS really wants us to switch to iOS or Android where get most of the new stuff (iOS) or at least get some modded versions of it (Android)

I really love my 1020 but I think I'm done with WP especially if it keeps the ugly look that the W10 preview has.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
So, is snap 200 better than S4? I don't think so...
Quad core means more tasks at the same time. The cpu can process data while handling the recording and keeping the video stable as well as running the OS with all 4 cores but the s4 only has 2 cores so how would the software work efficiently? It's either this reason or the fact that Microsoft are lazy lol

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
maybe they decided not to put as much effort into older devices because its a bottomless money sink.

They're still doing Windows 10 and all for those phones.

think about Apple, when Siri was an exclusive to the 4s for little more reason than to promote the 4s.

volpenger

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Now what is the excuse to leave this "flagship" of sorts out of Hyperlapse?

Quad core means more tasks at the same time. The cpu can process data while handling the recording and keeping the video stable as well as running the OS with all 4 cores but the s4 only has 2 cores so how would the software work efficiently? It's either this reason or the fact that Microsoft are lazy lol
Are you sure that this is HOW it works?

Do you know that gpu can be involved in the process?

S4 (as s200 etc) isn't merely a dual core, is a soc and is more powerful than s200 and s400.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

If multitasking is the issue I wouldnt mind using hyperlapse while the phone is doing nothing ;) As far as I know you just select the video that you already have recorded and let the app do its job, which I think can be done later while the phone is not in use. If not the other painstaking way is to transfer everything on to your laptop or PC and hyperlapse it.

maybe they decided not to put as much effort into older devices because its a bottomless money sink.

They're still doing Windows 10 and all for those phones.

think about Apple, when Siri was an exclusive to the 4s for little more reason than to promote the 4s.

So does it mean that the "universal apps" is just a load of $#it. Isnt it the whole idea that one app should work on all devices regardless of the age of the device? Of course now we will here about the limitations like Hey cortana, Rich recording living images and stuff like that.

I remember Living images was on the 1020 for sometime but in one update they decided to pull the rug!
Xandros may be you can clarify this for me. Living images used to show up on every photo in the camera roll now it doesnt. There is one thing that I have noticed with cinemagraph, you take one shot save it and if you access it via the camera roll direct there is no animation but if you access the camera roll via the camera app the animations are alive. Isnt this similar to living images? Is there any difference that I have missed?
Cheers

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Are you sure that this is HOW it works?

Do you know that gpu can be involved in the process?

S4 (as s200 etc) isn't merely a dual core, is a soc and is more powerful than s200 and s400.
Did you read my last sentence? I'm not sure, it's just a probability

Mr Kaja

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Not big pain for me...I used hyperlapse on my (quite new) desktop PC and well, processing time wasnt impressive...results were quite OK, It was fun to make one or maybe two videos... anyway, we won't see the real issue, why is Hyperlapse just for Snapdragons X00. There are bigger issues here - bricked phones (yes, there is solution here, but not from MS...), slow starting LC (other apps are faster) etc..

Jim Zipo

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Living -really satisfied- for over 3 years with the Windows Phone ecosystem, this time I have to mention that if Microsoft is trying to make us switch to another Windows Phone without creating a better camera phone or at least a real flagship phone, I will grab a Galaxy S6 soon enough. I would really love to stay a Windows Phone user though. Hope that they will give me the excuse to stay.

Do not try to make us buy something worse, because you have not made something clearly better yet. Buyers are not stupid and have many more choices in the market. In the list of supported devices above there are some phones that cost around 50 to 100 euros right now!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes