Does RM 984 get MMS on AT&T

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I know this model won't get LTE on AT&T, but will MMS work... RM-985 is like no where to be found on eBay, but its easily seen on amazon, but for more money

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. I used an RM-984 on T-Mobile til the RM-985 came out, and it worked flawlessly (audio and video streaming, MMS, visual voicemail, etc.). And I got better battery life since it wasn't using LTE.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. I used an RM-984 on T-Mobile til the RM-985 came out, and it worked flawlessly (audio and video streaming, MMS, visual voicemail, etc.). And I got better battery life since it wasn't using LTE.
hey off topic but, How is the Lumia 830 screen in your opinion? Is it awesome? Or just good enough/average/okay... I love the deep black and color pop of AMOLED screens particularly Lumina ones.

Also does your 830 seem to garner quite a bit of attention? What do people often think/say of it?

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
hey off topic but, How is the Lumia 830 screen in your opinion? Is it awesome? Or just good enough/average/okay... I love the deep black and color pop of AMOLED screens particularly Lumina ones.

Also does your 830 seem to garner quite a bit of attention? What do people often think/say of it?

I think the LCD does well. I've actually come to like the vibrant colors from it. I think it has the best screen in class. Alot of ppl ask me about my 830. Ppl love the design and build of the phone

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I agree with lbeezy. It's not my 1520's display, but with some tweaks, it's not bad either. Just remember you can improve it quite a bit using the Brightness Profile and Color Profile in Settings > Display. It's the first thing I did when I got the phone, after restoring a backup.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree with lbeezy. It's not my 1520's display, but with some tweaks, it's not bad either. Just remember you can improve it quite a bit using the Brightness Profile and Color Profile in Settings > Display. It's the first thing I did when I got the phone, after restoring a backup.
I might aim for an 830 later on to keep until the flagship arrives. Makes me kinda sad the best all around windows phone device right now is technically midrange, since the flagships have some serious common bugs alongside a lack of warranty support/ warranty replacements due to age... but whatever the 830 IMO is still a flagship. It has every Lumia feature except 4k and hey cortana..

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I might aim for an 830 later on to keep until the flagship arrives. Makes me kinda sad the best all around windows phone device right now is technically midrange, since the flagships have some serious common bugs alongside a lack of warranty support/ warranty replacements due to age... but whatever the 830 IMO is still a flagship. It has every Lumia feature except 4k and hey cortana..

As much as I love my 830. If you can wait for the 640 to come out. Its cheaper and you get alot of the same features. It can be a stop gap till the next flagship phone with Windows 10

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
As for the second part of your question, haven't gotten this many compliments on a phone since my yellow Lumia 920 :). Most elegant phone on the market IMO. I really like those special gold editions too, and I've never really been a fan of gold phones before.

I hear ya, but ask yourself this.... what other smartphone on the market (Windows or otherwise) gives you the combination of smooth, fluid performance, premium design and build quality, a very respectable camera, OIS, wireless charging, microSD support, exchangeable backs, removable battery, and Glance or a glance-like feature? None that I can think of.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
As much as I love my 830. If you can wait for the 640 to come out. Its cheaper and you get alot of the same features. It can be a stop gap till the next flagship phone with Windows 10

Not sure it'll be much cheaper than the RM-984 he's getting. Plus he won't have quite as good a camera, OIS, wireless charging, or HAAC mics, if that's important to him.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Yea those are all important to me actually lol... plus don't like the 640 design, but the 640 xl has an awesome design IMO
Not sure it'll be much cheaper than the RM-984 he's getting. Plus he won't have quite as good a camera, OIS, wireless charging, or HAAC mics, if that's important to him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes