Why won't my Microsoft account sync after reset?

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I reset my Lumia 830 to fix a battery drain issue, which fixed it, but now my MS email account won't sync no matter how many times I try. I did a soft reset and nothing, then a hard reset, still no luck. Same thing happened with my backup Lumia 810 and had to create a new account for it to sync. I can't do that
with my Lumia 830 because I need that account which was created 16 years ago ...If anyone has a solution please let me know 😠 BTW it's error 80072EE7

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

1.Got to Phone Settings. Open email + accounts. Open Microsoft account
2.Scroll down to Server. Change the address to m.hotmail.com

Fix Error Code 80072EE7 on Windows Phone

In another post I found some more address you could try.

•There is an issue with the server name used on your phone. As this is happening with your Microsoft account, please try all of the following, m.hotmail.com, blu-m.hotmail.com, bay-m.hotmail.com
ERROR CODE 80072EE7 ON WINDOWS PHONE? - Microsoft Community

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Microsoft account won't sync after reset

Those servers won't stay when you enter them, as soon as I try to sync and it says "not updated" it goes back to the default - Server: blu404-m.hotmail.com

Pablo Molina2

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
I solved this by going to CONFIGURATION > ACCOUNTS > email accounts and apps and selected the account that was not synching. Selected "Change synch options" and in the drop down down windows selected:

1. Download new content as soon as elements are received, and
2. Download new emails at any time

And it started synching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes