Unresponsive Phone

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Woke up this morning to a completely unresponsive phone. Screen is blacked out, tried a soft reset and nothing happened. Plugged it in via USB to try and do a Windows Phone recovery and the computer isn't even recognizing it. Weird thing is when I set the phone on a wireless charger the charger lights up like it is charging. I am dreading the inevitable that I am more than likely screwed as it is out of warranty by 4 months. Does anyone know if Windows Phone stores have recovery capabilities or anything that is better than what I have currently tried? Thing that sucks is I still have $200 left on it on my Edge contract. Worst case is I think Ebay may be a rescue. Suggestions?

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I talked to Verizon and the rep said he is working on warranty replacement and should be approved in next hour even though phone is out of warranty. God I hope this all works out.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Good luck. If Verizon knowingly manage to do a warranty replacement for an out of warranty device, they are mightily impressive.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
They said its because the phone is only couple months out and I have been with them since 2007 without any bad payment history. It might also be due to Sprint's promo they have going on about switching carriers too, who knows.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Whatever the reason, it's a darn good way to treat a customer. I'm pretty sure EE in the UK would not do the same for me. Sounds like a US carrier is acting against type here. Gotta give 'em credit where it's due.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Just talked to rep again and they are sending me a replacement no charge, replacement will have a 90 day warranty on it and rest is my responsibility. Replacement due here Thursday.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Whatever the reason, it's a darn good way to treat a customer. I'm pretty sure EE in the UK would not do the same for me. Sounds like a US carrier is acting against type here. Gotta give 'em credit where it's due.

Actually, Verizon is really good at it's customer service. They actually do put a good faith effort into it. I've never had a problem with it ever. Normally, you start reading about complaints when OS/firmware updates are expected.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just talked to rep again and they are sending me a replacement no charge, replacement will have a 90 day warranty on it and rest is my responsibility. Replacement due here Thursday.

I'm pretty impressed. Outstanding customer service. Congratulations on the new phone! Hope it's problem free.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
they actually have a replacement Icon? not an M8 or otherwise?

Phone came in today, rep said Thursday but Fedex was slow. I was a little worried that it wouldn't be an Icon as they haven't sold them in awhile. Rep I talked to originally said it would be an Icon and it was.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes