W10 on att 830

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Will an att 830 take better pictures with the current windows 10 preview than it does with 8.1? (it's missing full denim)

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't. I'm pretty sure the pictures are worse now actually. I've been running it on mine for about a week.
so you started on 10080 and switched to 10136? any comments on the differences in terms of usability between the two?

edit:
I've taken the plunge and tried this again. What I do notice is that even though initially it didn't show many apps updating, it is doing that now and it takes a long time. More and more apps are updating and it becomes more and more responsive and apps do not crash or show the "resuming" screen. I've started around midnight and apps are still updating in the background. Maybe that explains the 24hs for a few folks here.

seems quite usable and I like what I see. Also works OK with my Band now.

Last edited:

Mike Dominski

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was using 10080 and reverted back to 8.1 as soon as I got home. I don't really know if I like what ms is doing to the platform with 10. It's not just the bugs and lack of features, it's like they're trying to make it look like Android or iPhone with their bland options. To me wp10 seems like a massive downgrade. I can sort of imagine what they're doing with it but I can't tell if I like it. I mean shouldn't you be expanding on features that's already there? Not removing and changing them for the worse. All you get with tp is a few extra colors and a static background image that makes your tiles look cheap and washed out. Everything else is a downgrade. I really don't get the direction they're going?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It lasted for 1.5 days and then I went back to 8.1. Too many issues. It couldn't sync my Outlook account often, then it would lag in syncing notifications to my Band. Then it wouldn't find my SDCard and I had to reboot three times for it to find it again.

Pretty nice but with those issues still not usable for me.

Too bad we can't save our current roms and then just reload it.....

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
It lasted for 1.5 days and then I went back to 8.1. Too many issues. It couldn't sync my Outlook account often, then it would lag in syncing notifications to my Band. Then it wouldn't find my SDCard and I had to reboot three times for it to find it again.

Pretty nice but with those issues still not usable for me.
I had a similar experience with my 822. Too many problems. I'll try again with next build.

Too bad we can't save our current roms and then just reload it.....
That is an awesome idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes