06-04-2016 02:44 PM
103 12345
tools
    Thank you for this tip...i successfully flashed the 059W380 ROM.. my L635 GoPhone 059V714 now officially have Denim + WP 8.1 GDR2

I had used NaviFirm+ & WPID to download and flash the at&t Rom

RM975_02173.00000.15154.50010_RETAIL_prod_signed_1035_021471_ATT-US

If it's not too much to ask, could you please post instructions on how you achieved conversion of your L635 GoPhone to the postpaid version using those software. Download links?
    Last edited by stefanorickeets; 06-12-2015 at 04:02 PM.
    JawZ_28 and kramium like this.
    06-12-2015 12:58 PM
    By following this topic [Tutorial] How to flash an Lumia device in XDA forum

all you need to know is the product code for NaviFirm+, use : 059W380

donwnload the correct FFU file (1.7 GB), and flash you phone with "Windows Phone Image Designer software".
    06-12-2015 01:13 PM
    Reflashed my Prepaid variant to the Postpaid variant with the new ROM and went straight to GDR2 Build 148 + Denim!
    stefanorickeets likes this.
    06-12-2015 02:12 PM
    Okay, I'm wanting to flash to the 059W380 ROM, but it is a Sim Locked ROM. My device has already been unlocked. Is this going to cause it to be locked again? Is there a definitive answer?
    06-12-2015 02:55 PM
    Okay, I'm wanting to flash to the 059W380 ROM, but it is a Sim Locked ROM. My device has already been unlocked. Is this going to cause it to be locked again? Is there a definitive answer?
    It should not, but if it does, you still have the unlock code, right? Just enter it again.
    xandros9 and stefanorickeets like this.
    06-12-2015 03:13 PM
    Alrighty, then. As long as the unlock code is always good for the IMEI that I have, I guess that shouldn't be an issue. It's saved in my email.

Not going to have a chance to download the ROM until the weekend. Still planning the big birthday bash for tomorrow, so won't get a chance until Sunday.
    06-12-2015 04:30 PM
    Reflashed my Prepaid variant to the Postpaid variant with the new ROM and went straight to GDR2 Build 148 + Denim!
    Same here. Since my Go Phone was a No Go for ATT, I took matters into my own hands.. Take that MOFOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    stefanorickeets and xandros9 like this.
    06-12-2015 05:38 PM
    that was so easy... I might debrand my 920 and 1020 now...
    06-12-2015 05:39 PM
    Instead of flashing the AT&T Postpaid ROM, I decided to enter the RM-975_1035 for it into the registry.

I had already done the hack to get Denim and Update 2, but after changing the registry entry to make it look like the AT&T Postpaid L635, I checked for updates, and an update is available. I'll have to wait until I'm on Wi-Fi to download it, but as far as I can tell, the only thing I'm missing that the AT&T update was supposed to have is the reset protection. Either that, or AT&T has an additional update to the Update 2 that I wasn't aware of.

Looking forward to it. I don't have Wi-Fi at home, though, and may not have access until Sunday. I'll let you know if I get the reset protection after the update installs.
    Jack Neill likes this.
    06-12-2015 05:56 PM
    It should work, plus its not only reset protection but also a newer firmware.
    06-12-2015 06:13 PM
    I imagine this is the end of the line for all ATT WP phones, its not like W10 will drop this year from a carrier...
    06-12-2015 08:05 PM
    I imagine this is the end of the line for all ATT WP phones, its not like W10 will drop this year from a carrier...
    That's why after I complete this update I'll be resetting my registry again to unbrand the phone to a country variant and not tied to a carrier. :)
    Jack Neill likes this.
    06-12-2015 09:02 PM
    Lets hope were both wrong.. Viva W10!!!!!
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    06-12-2015 09:50 PM
    N/a
    Last edited by Tyler Golden1; 06-13-2015 at 09:12 PM.
    06-13-2015 12:37 AM
    That's why after I complete this update I'll be resetting my registry again to unbrand the phone to a country variant and not tied to a carrier. :)
    I am not sure what you're trying to achieve here but after you revert back to the AT&T ROM you won't be able to debrand your device again until the unbranded ROM get an equal OS/firmware version. Plus after if you revert to the CV ROM then what's the point of going back to the AT&T ROM?
    06-13-2015 01:24 AM
    I am not sure what you're trying to achieve here but after you revert back to the AT&T ROM you won't be able to debrand your device again until the unbranded ROM get an equal OS/firmware version. Plus after if you revert to the CV ROM then what's the point of going back to the AT&T ROM?
    Not changing ROM, just changing registry entries to fool the system. Seems to have worked for updates twice so far. Flashing hasn't been necessary yet.

Besides, the only thing I'm missing with my current setup is the Reset Protection, which I'm really not worried about. I'm just wanting to do this to confirm that the AT&T update really comes with that Reset Protection and that it works. It's more of a curious experiment. Nothing really productive for me.

And I want the unbranded phone after I check this out so that I can control when I upgrade to Windows 10 and not wait on AT&T which may take an additional year.
    06-13-2015 05:08 AM
    Okay, went to the Library and got the update over Wi-Fi. Here's the deal...

There is NO reset protection with this update. Apparently it really does require new hardware or something. I don't know why AT&T advertised it was part of it, other than their usual incompetence.

The only thing the official AT&T update gave me over the one I had already done was to re-install all the garbage apps from AT&T that I had gone to so much trouble to get rid of in the first place. Time to uninstall those again.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not mad about it. I expected those apps to be reinstalled, and I had no idea whether the reset protection would come. I just wanted to verify it so that it could be finally and formally known by everyone exactly what to expect here.

For an AT&T customer, though, I highly recommend getting the update. It's worth it for GDR2. I'll probably go back unbranded, but not until I'm ready to install W10.
    06-13-2015 11:51 AM
    I got Reset Protection with this update on my L635, I used the 'convert to postpaid' method. Not sure what's going on with yours.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20150613_0002.png   wp_ss_20150613_0004.png  
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-13-2015 12:07 PM
    I got Reset Protection with this update on my L635, I used the 'convert to postpaid' method. Not sure what's going on with yours.
    Could be because I already had GDR2, I didn't get that part of the update. I suppose I'd have to do a full flash, but that's not really worth it to me, since once I buy a new Windows 10 device, this will just be a backup. Yeah, I know this will upgrade to Windows 10, I just want new hardware. I got the 635 so I could afford something nice later.
    06-13-2015 01:41 PM
    I contracted att and they said windows 8.1 update 2 will come out next week for Nokia Lumia 635 gophone
    06-13-2015 09:12 PM
    I contracted att and they said windows 8.1 update 2 will come out next week for Nokia Lumia 635 gophone
    That's good news, but knowing that the update is out there I couldn't wait.
    06-13-2015 09:40 PM
    Okay, further testing yields some interesting results. I think everyone should know this, because I feel it is an important difference between the AT&T firmware and the non-branded firmware.

After doing a full flash of the AT&T firmware, I was able to get the reset protection with GDR2 and Denim. However, the difference between the "unbranded" firmware and the AT&T branded firmware is enough to make me want to go back to unbranded.

Here's why:
    1. AT&T branded version of GDR2 takes a full 40 seconds longer to do a soft reset.
    2. AT&T branded version of GDR2 downloads on the LTE bands approximately 30% slower than the country variant. ?!? Why? I don't know.
    3. I have to perform a soft reset using AT&T's version every time I try to do Internet Sharing, otherwise, I am unable to connect, even though it shows successfully shared. I can only connect after a soft reset. I don't have this issue with the country variant ROM. The country variant ROM allows me to connect every single time and never has an issue.
    4. App switching is noticeably slower on the AT&T version, though only slightly. "Resuming" when back to the start screen happens much more often, and I don't mean only slightly for that one.
    5. If I have internet sharing on, or if I'm using the phone's Wi-Fi, and then I get a call, the AT&T version will cut off my Bluetooth at the time the call comes in. I have to perform a soft reset to get the Bluetooth working again. This does not happen with the Country Variant ROM.

There are other reasons as well, such as all the garbage apps that get installed with AT&T, and the country variant is "clean" installed. Easy enough to uninstall all the apps, but apparently there is still other garbage there that affects the performance of the phone.

This probably is not a complete list. Just the things I noticed when switching between the 2 ROMs on the same phone. I think for any phone I get from now on, I plan to flash it with an unlocked country variant straight away. No wonder AT&T takes so long to release updates. They have to tinker and mess things up first. With the number of problems I have found after using the Country Variant for a week and AT&T ROM for 24 hours, it concerns me how many other things are wrong with this AT&T update.

Just my 2 cents. Perhaps other people aren't having the same issues. I'd say the "speed" issues are the biggest for me at this point, as it deals with everything I do with the phone. Makes it more sluggish by 10-15% I'd say.
    Eric Gisin likes this.
    06-15-2015 08:29 AM
    Is it all L635s or does depend if it a ATT contract phone or a Go Phone? I have a Go Phone with my contract SIM in the phone, no joy as of today.
    06-15-2015 02:21 PM
    Is it all L635s or does depend if it a ATT contract phone or a Go Phone? I have a Go Phone with my contract SIM in the phone, no joy as of today.
    GoPhone was not part of the update... yet. However, one user in this thread had reported speaking to an AT&T rep that stated the GoPhone would be updated this week. So, sometime before the weekend should do it if that is correct.
    Dave47 likes this.
    06-16-2015 06:27 AM
    I think that Arturo is the only guy who bought the phone on contract... lol.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    06-17-2015 07:22 PM
103 12345