Lumia 830 Camera says "Something Went Wrong"

Kumar J

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Go to settings------app permissions-------microphone-----give access permissions..i tried with my Microsoft 640 xl mobile phone.camera found working.

MultiGielen

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same issue. It occured after installing the latest windows 10 Mobile build.

Tried hard and soft reset, Windows Device Recovery Tool,.. nothing worked. I always got the "Something went wrong" message when launching Lumia Camera, launching Windows Camera results in a crash without any error message. Tried the Camera360 app but it just shows a black screen.

The front camera is still working.

I sent my Lumia to the repair center. It looks that they have to flash the firmware.

Similar thread:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/.../f4b926ce-aa74-421f-a3a3-5034665e9499?lc=1033

Major sam

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue, i tried multiple firmware, on one it started working again,
but after a month same issue. tried software reset. in short i tried every possible way. but issue was still there.

at the end i ordered camera module. After changing it works perfectly. Bingoooo

but my happiness was short as after sometime same thing pops up again. something went wrong.

I want to know if any one DIY changed the camera module himself?

Well i contacted the seller he agreed to send an other module.

Let see.

Besnik Limani

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
my L925 camera works fine until i open skype video or skype preview, than the cam crashes and i have to restart the phone in order to have my cam work again, reported this several times, but no fix. i don't think this is a hardware issue, at least not in my case.

VaishakR

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I faced the problem too. Yesterday, I solved it. Go to settings-> privacy-> camera. Check if it is on. If it is, switch it off and press the camera hard button and check. It'll show the privacy error. Go back to the same page and switch on the camera app permission. And check the camera again. And do check the microphone permission( if ON or not). Mine worked this way. Am on W10AU. Hope it helps!

anzx

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
since I've upgraded my lumia 830 to Windows10 I'm experiencing camera problems with Windows Camera app.
When I try to edit HDR photo it reports error: "something went wrong. please try again."
It seems like the captured photo is broken because it has very bad quality and you can't even zoom it....

I've tried to install old Lumia Camera but it won't start because Microsoft abandoned it. This is really annoying because camera was the only reason I was still using windows phone...

Any clues what this might be?

Greetz, anzx.

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Me too I got the same problem.what should I do? Please help

I had that problem for 2 weeks.it was so frustrating.don't know what to do.does anyone know how to fix it please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Updated to 14915.100 from 14905.1000 this morning. Guess what? The camera is back alive!!
Just before the update, I've checked and confirmed that the camera is still not working (have been not able to use for more than a month). After the update and data migration, go straight to camera and found the camera working now. I'll try other apps that also utilize the camera and see if it will cause the camera to break again :)

Ian Legarda

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
This has to be hardware specific. I've been on the Fast ring with my 830 since last match and never had a camera issue like this one mentioned here. Now currently on the latest release preview and no issues with the camera.

anzx

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
This has to be hardware specific. I've been on the Fast ring with my 830 since last match and never had a camera issue like this one mentioned here. Now currently on the latest release preview and no issues with the camera.

I assume you don't use camera very often, take 10 HDR photos simultaneously with your windows 10 camera app and then try to edit HDR.

Anyway I flashed back to windows phone 8.1, camera works fine. So I'm pretty sure in my case it is the software problem - windows 10 camera, and not a hardware one. I'm so disappointed with that, this is probably my last windows phone/mobile.

Ian Legarda

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Just did as you suggested.

I took HDR photos in a row, one after the other as soon as the previous one was done. After 4, I was prompted with a "saving" prompt. A few seconds later it cleared and ready to go again. I tried editing the photos by clicking on the thumbnail in the corner, and it let me do edits (cropping, etc...)

Next I tried taking non HDR photos, again back to back. I was able to take 8 until I was prompted with a "saving" prompt. Again, also able to do minor editing via the thumbnail on the corner.

Not once did I get the "something went wrong" prompt on the camera or photos app. I don't know what is wrong with my device other than it may be underpowered and takes a while to read/write to SD card (photos are saved in my SD card).

dmaiti

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
First Time Convert Windows 10 OS to Windows 8.1. Using Windows Recovery.. Then Uninstall Lumia Camera. then Install Camera 360. Camera is Start Now......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes