Lumia 830 Camera says "Something Went Wrong"

John Gmt

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I have only three month old new lumia 830, After two month my Lumia camera says " something went wrong ".
Now I can't use my back cam.
I have Tried 1) Soft Reset
2) Hard Reset
3) Software Recovery Tool But Nothing Happened anything. CAMERA SAYS " SOMETHING WENT WRONG"
Any Solution of this...sdr.jpg

Last edited:

James Dandy

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this will work for you but I had the same problem with my Lumia 640. I uninstalled Lumia Camera, did a soft reboot, and reinstalled it and it seems to be working OK.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This issue seems to be a little widespread for the Lumia 830.
I was about to purchase a second hand unit, when I tested it I would get the same error message no matter what camera app I tried to use.

Unfortunately I had to decline the seller and went home empty handed.

ImSShivs

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Me too has the same problem. i'm currently on windows phone 8.1 update 2 in india. The problem occurs when I'm taking a photo afterward Lumia camera app continuously say "Something went wrong" even other apps like Lumia Panaroma, Lumia Selfie, Default camera app, QR scanner & Bing scanner not working. The flashlight also not working when try to open using flashlight app.

chiku8080

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Even i had the same problem after updating it to windows phone 8.1 update 2. Thought it to be software problem,but neither the hard reset nor the soft reset came to the rescue. Took it to the nearest service center and now it is with them. Hope to see it soon.

shweta saini

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
My nokia lumia 830 facing same problem about camera from few days. i tried hard and soft rest and its in warranty. it was woking fine i do not know what happen that camera is not working now :cry: :unhappy: i will give it on center tomorrow. but if same problem came again then :unhappy:

sussss

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Did the problem came after updating OS? Or just like that? You can read that here on Central that it is a widespread issue. Submit your phone to care center as soon as possible. It is for same reason I am stopping myself to buy L830.

DrSatheesh Enchoor

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
anybody got a fix for the lumia camera "something went wrong" problem?? i am an unlucky one bought a lumia 830 1 month back and the camera was fine on 8.1, but just after software update to 8.1.2 made the disaster!! rolling back to 8.1 also in problem as the recovery tool is failing to install 8.1 back.
bought a lumia 930 and another scrap in which the mic is not working!!
no warranty as both are imported phones...lost around 50k!!!

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the issue on my 720. Initially I would get pink boxes when on camera and slowly now the camera has stopped functioning completely. It works after a few reboots for a few minutes before going off again. Nokia care said, its my screen problem and I need to get my display replaced. I don't know how right they are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon