How do you turn off the wifi-calling on this phone?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I see the icon of a phone attached to the WiFi logo, so I'm assuming that's the WiFi-calling.

I don't even have the WiFi-calling app installed.

I can't find it under settings, so the only way to turn it off is to turn off WiFi overall, but I need WiFi at home.

Thank you

PretzelLogix

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I stumbled across it while snooping thru the settings the other day. Here's how to disable WiFi calling:

• Settings
  • cellular + SIM
  • SIM settings
  • Switch Wi-Fi calling to OFF

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I see the icon of a phone attached to the WiFi logo, so I'm assuming that's the WiFi-calling.

I don't even have the WiFi-calling app installed.

I can't find it under settings, so the only way to turn it off is to turn off WiFi overall, but I need WiFi at home.

Thank you
I assume WiFi calling isn't working correctly for you? Or is it something you just generally do not want?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I assume WiFi calling isn't working correctly for you? Or is it something you just generally do not want?

I hate it. Its a good backup but I was on the phone with an important call as I was leaving the house, then it got disconnected when I got farther out. Then I has to redial and go thru automated again before talking to someone. Good when there's no service but im in a tmobile covered area, so I dont need wifi calling.

Dub-J

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Thought I'd point out that under the SIM settings you can set a calling preference for cellular when connected to Wi-Fi.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I hate it. Its a good backup but I was on the phone with an important call as I was leaving the house, then it got disconnected when I got farther out. Then I has to redial and go thru automated again before talking to someone. Good when there's no service but im in a tmobile covered area, so I dont need wifi calling.
Had wifi calling years ago but if i remember correctly it would hand off without problems.

SteckDEV1

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issues of handoff being sluggish to aweful. As well as incoming calls take forever when I'm connected to wifi calling. Placing a call takes noticeably longer. Call quality is fine either way. So I just set it to cellular preferred. Thanks for the instructions!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon