Very sharp beautiful images on LUMIA 1020 after updating to Windows 10 TP.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry mate, but using my 1020 for both personal and profesional purposes. W10 before RTM = no go. But happy to experiment with a 1020 sent by the forum lol

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about the delay guys, I forgot about the thread because I can't login to the app from Windows 10 mobile TP which is one of the bugs I learned to live with.
Here are some samples. Bare in mind that some of the pictures are out of focus. I took them when I was going to work in the morning. I parked my bike and took a few snaps. Let me know what you think.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...65&authkey=!AIyQR1vYI-zKcfg&ithint=folder,jpg

Hmmm... I've seen at least 3,589 high resolution images through my L1020. Now with the latest official Denim update (plus that critical one for restart issues), I might say that there's nothing really different about the sharpness of the photos you've uploaded.

I checked the "original" versions of the photos, especially those with a lot of detail (those distant buildings, the cars, the statue at the top of the hill/mountain)... they all look "normal".

Then again, the only real/conclusive test would be to have two L1020s, one untouched by TP and the other wuold be your L1020... and then compare photos taken from both of them under the same settings and the same conditions. :wink:

Mr Kaja

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Seems +- the same like in my WP8.1 lumia 1020.

*Lumia 930 after denim update in LC5 has different quality - photos are (over)sharped, have higher contrast and (in my opinion) more tending into red colour. I would expect the same changes in this (l1020/w10TP) case, but I can see none of them.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Seems +- the same like in my WP8.1 lumia 1020.

*Lumia 930 after denim update in LC5 has different quality - photos are (over)sharped, have higher contrast and (in my opinion) more tending into red colour. I would expect the same changes in this (l1020/w10TP) case, but I can see none of them.
The 1020 got Lumia camera 5??

I thought the 920,925,928 and 1020 were all stuck on LC classic even after denim...

George Kyr

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Could you time two things?
1. If Lumia camera is not running, the time it takes to be able to take the first picture is seconds.
2. When Lumia camera is running the time it takes to take a second shot.
Normally, since 1020 is not compatible with the newer version of Lumia Camera, the numbers ought not to differ a lot.
Thank you in advance!

Mr Kaja

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
@bo_woods: I didn't write, that lumia 1020 have LC5 - read it carefully - I was writing about changes in l930 and about expecting similar changes in other models (whether it would happen).

Anyway, I saw LC5 in l1020 throught..let say..."hack". It was unstable, could not save picture, but app start was much better than LC4 (even in l1020). Look at youtube.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about the delay guys, I forgot about the thread because I can't login to the app from Windows 10 mobile TP which is one of the bugs I learned to live with.
Here are some samples. Bare in mind that some of the pictures are out of focus. I took them when I was going to work in the morning. I parked my bike and took a few snaps. Let me know what you think.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...65&authkey=!AIyQR1vYI-zKcfg&ithint=folder,jpg

Why would you post unfocused photographs to show "how beautifully sharp and clear" the photographs now are after an update ? Sorry but "No meal" and to show before and after you have to have a comparable "before" ...omg this is SO funny hahahahahaha.... ;-)

nedarata

May 5, 2015
Visit site
stock camera takes big image
nokia camera takes small+big
images from stock camera takes ~40% smaller size images than nokia camera

sometimes nokia camera takes even 17mb pictures
in 8.1 i never got even 14mb

Last edited:

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
stock camera takes big image
nokia camera takes small+big
images from stock camera takes ~40% smaller size images than nokia camera

sometimes nokia camera takes even 17mb pictures
in 8.1 i never got even 14mb

Yeah it's kinda strange - just updated my 1020 today to 10149 and the stock camera (lightning quick to start btw) takes full-resolution images that are only 4MB vs. 9MB from Lumia Camera. Also I'm not noting any significant improvements in terms of image quality with this build personally (I shoot in RAW so I don't usually use JPEG).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon