Build 10049 on Lumia 920. Can't get past the lock screen after update. Why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

build 10049 on lumia 920. Can't get past the lock screen after update.

I have waited 2 hours like suggested by Gabe in the post. Anyone else with this issue and have a fix beside hard reset? Have a few things on the phone from yesterday that I don't want to lose.

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: build 10049 on lumia 920. Can't get past the lock screen after update.

It all depends how many apps you have installed on your phone and where they are installed. It's when the apps are installed on the SD card is when it takes the longest. If you have a phone with less than 1GB, it'll take slightly longer.

Jess Sturgeon

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

I also have this problem on a 1520 -- but the lock screen sleeps after 10s, so its hard to wait 2 hours. This happened after the 27-June update at 8:00am CDT.

There seems to be a bug where it allows unlimited digits for lock code, instead of validating automatically after 4... almost like its waiting for an <Enter> key.

Jim Westby

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site

I also have this problem on a 1520 -- but the lock screen sleeps after 10s, so its hard to wait 2 hours. This happened after the 27-June update at 8:00am CDT.

There seems to be a bug where it allows unlimited digits for lock code, instead of validating automatically after 4... almost like its waiting for an <Enter> key.

This is the exact issue I am having now. Can someone link to the post mentioned, where you wait some hours?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes