Low brightness setting fail (640 vs iPad Mini)

ryanp9

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Just bought Lumia 640. Seems OK overall but brightness setting is a joke - low setting far too bright for comfortable reading in dark. With iPad Mini you can tweak so that 3 home button presses = properly low brightness.

Is there a way to make Lumia 640 brightness lower than "low" setting?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you go to Settings > Display > Brightness profile?

You can change the brightness of each level there. (Low, isn't set to absolute low)

Also, turning on Battery Saver reduces display brightness by default.

Some apps have settings to change the scheme to primarily dark a la iOS's negative mode. (some don't though)

ryanp9

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Major thanks! This 640 is 1st Windows phone I've owned, bought today - didn't know about Settings > Display > Brightness profile

You just made me like this phone a whole lot more. All I need now is solid bookmarks manager and RSS reader - are there any for 640? (Looked but can't seem to find any.)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Major thanks! This 640 is 1st Windows phone I've owned, bought today - didn't know about Settings > Display > Brightness profile

You just made me like this phone a whole lot more. All I need now is solid bookmarks manager and RSS reader - are there any for 640? (Looked but can't seem to find any.)
As for RSS reader, I think it can be down to personal preference but there are a good number of them in the store. I personally like Seemply but I have heard a lot of good things about Nextgen Reader.

ryanp9

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, will install Nextgen eventually (keep getting problems connecting to store). Offline reading seems to be another hassle (another case of Safari > IE). Will make do with Poki but it's just not the same. These are the small but significant niggles that can put people off an OS - sort it out Microsoft!

CronoZero

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks xandros9, I also didn't know about that...it's confusing to see two different ways to adjust brightness...I imagine it's because one is WP default and the other because of Lumia, but I feel like they should've been combined...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2