Lumia Camera 5 pictures bad

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure a thread had been made about this already, but idk where...

Has anybody experienced cartoon-ish, over saturated, and over sharpened pictures in the New Lumia Camera 5 with Denim.... Some pictures don't come out bad while others do...

Wish I could turn this off... This is something you'd expect with HDR on or something, but I have rich capture turned off...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Havn't had any problems like this myself, on my 1520 w/Denim and Lumia Camera 5. Maybe you just need to reset the camera? (on WP8.1, it's in settings, swipe over to "applications", scroll down to "photo's + camera", then scroll all the way down to "reset camera".

AaronGraham

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that is something that I experience as well but Microsoft think it is a 'feature'. It is the current trend to have beautiful, saturated and punchy pictures but they don't always look the most realistic.

You could try changing the image using Rich Capture after taking it or use a different camera app such as Microsoft Camera or the old Lumia Camera Classic (LCC). I find the LCC produces the most natural images but I can't take advantage of new features such as Rich Capture or 4K Recording.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Could you post a sample or two?

More and more I'm relying on 3rd party Apps. Camera360 Sight seems to be the one my finger taps most often now. I really dig the controls. Simple and easy.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I think you might have "Rich Capture" on. It's a feature of Lumia Camera 5 that takes HDR pictures.

When taking a picture make sure that the magic wand icon isn't highlighted.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
There was a silent, auto-update for Lumia Camera today (Win10). My 1520 had a prompt for "live images" or whatever when I opened the Lumia camera after the OTA update. Image quality seems to be identical to Denim now.

Edit: oops, sorry. Thought you were complaining about LC on Win10.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
So what is live image?

I think it might be "living images". That's where it shows you a second or two of movement before the still, kind of like a mini animated gif. It's actually very cool in some cases. The only way I can see it is if I view the pictures via the camera app, but I'm not on W10.

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah its the same case with me.. In good lighting conditions it takes great pics but when the light is dim it's over sharp and dull... What I do is hold the camera button and take a one sec video and then I use Lumia moments to take a pic out of the video

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes