Lumia 930 used or 640 new ?

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the option to buy either a brand new Lumia 640 for ?129 or for ?10 more a second hand in good condition Lumia 930.

Ive had the 930 before and loved it, but was wondering if perhaps I should try the 640.

Which would you recommend seeing as they are almost the same price, so confused ?

AaronGraham

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Go for the Lumia 930. It is the superior device in every way. Vastly more powerful, superior screen, premium build qualiy and a camera that is among the best in the smartphone market.

Regards,
Aaron Graham.

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I think I have seen this question few days ago......
But anyway i would say that there is no comparison between Lumia 930 and 640.....in any department.... Lumia 930 is beast.
And I mean its a flagship device.
Don't need to tell about its specs and camera. But its second hand
If its in good condition I definitely suggest Lumia 930.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
where are you located? you may not get LTE on the 930, depending upon location and carrier.

Outside of that, 930 in a runaway.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes I've been mulling over getting a lumia 930 or a Lumia 640, but this deal came up on the 930, has some scuffs on edges, all runs well and the screen is perfect, so thus the question, I think I sort of new the answer in a way, but thought well the 640 is newer, perhaps it can give me more.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes I've been mulling over getting a lumia 930 or a Lumia 640, but this deal came up on the 930, has some scuffs on edges, all runs well and the screen is perfect, so thus the question, I think I sort of new the answer in a way, but thought well the 640 is newer, perhaps it can give me more.

You'll get less capability with the 640. If it has some edge scuffs and wear, there are lots of cases that can cover that. I'd recommend a case anyways - drops can be expensive.

Mikegwald

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I do not like used tech stuff. I would go with the Lumia 640 or the 640XL I have both and I can tell you the 640XL is amazing and even though its plastic its build quality is not in question this phone is beautiful. Fast and runs every app in the store. For a fraction of the price.

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I do not like used tech stuff. I would go with the Lumia 640 or the 640XL I have both and I can tell you the 640XL is amazing and even though its plastic its build quality is not in question this phone is beautiful. Fast and runs every app in the store. For a fraction of the price.

What are you trying to say dude???
I mean Lumia 930 is just best windows phone. He is talking about second hand Lumia 930. And its just ?10 more than that 640.....and there is huge difference in performance of snapdragon 400 vs 800. Its not all about only running apps but also smoothness and performance is also matters.....entry level 4xx lumia having 1 gb ram also run all apps it doesn't mean they are best.......they just are value for money with lots of compromises.

tmoore71

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Can't help but wonder why you got rid of the 930 before? That said, if you are buying a phone now, I would go with the 930. Far superior in every way to the 640. On the other hand, I might be tempted to wait for the 940/950, whatever it ends up being called.

carraig

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't have experience with any of those devices, but I've read that battery life is not super in the 930 (maybe that didn't trouble you with your previously owned 930?).
On the other hand, the 640 is supposed to have rather good battery - according to reviews.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Used 930 without a doubt however bear in mind it may have issues.

The only advantages the 640 has is a micro sd card slot + warranty.

If you have access to the device (93), check the Nokia Care app and it will say whether or not if it is in the warranty or not (most likely won't be)

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Managed to borrow a Lumia 640 for half a day yesterday, took it back and then bought the second hand Nokia 930...

The Lumia 640 is most definitely a fantastic device, very nice to hold and use, the screen is good, but viewing angles are poor, not that that's much of a problem, as normal viewing is fine, the quality is actually pretty good, nice to have a SD card slot and yes as soon as I put the 32GB card in it immediately sorted everything out and just worked, the whole system is slick and very fast for a ?120 device, incredible value....BUT

I just love the Nokia 930, the screen seriously is to die for, it has to be the greatest screen ive used on any device I've ever owned, that amazing colour vibrant amoled, just cant be beaten, the performance, although the 640 is fast, the 930 is instantaneous, ballistic, most of the time faster than my brain can catch up, and i love this super quick, makes the phone seem miles above any other flagship ive used, even the iphone 6 seems slow. The camera, again the 640 does a pretty good job, but the Nokia 930 just seems more like a SLR camera than a smartphone, so I just couldn't resist going for the L930.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, bit late to the 'party'. I've got both of these models, and love them both! The thing on 930 I love is the screen and camera. What I love on the 640 is the glance screen, and the way it performs for a 'budget' model. When I'm going out, I always seem to grab the 640 (?). Maybe that's because It has a tempered screen saver, and I don't worry so much about scuffing the screen, so maybe that's why....

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I debated this when I got the 830 and I couldn't do without Glance.

Good luck with your decision.

Funny really, I missed Glance when I upgraded from 920 to 930 but now I don't need it. Lets face it, the time is on clocks, computers and watches as well as phones. I don't miss Glance at all any more. Not even wireless charging when I have a 2A charger.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
My wife has got the 640 and I have the 930. The 640 has a slightly later version of 8.1 on it. We like both of them. It really depends on what you want to spend and what you want to use it for. I use the camera on the 930 a lot and it gives me great pictures - that's not to say that the 640 doesn't give good pictures as well. The one upside of the 640 is the extra space you can had by adding a card to it. My wife has a 64 Gb with all her music on it which is great.

Regards

Infinidim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes