Rumored L950 looks like it will break in a heartbeat.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
This is a huge turn-off for me. The glass screen seems to lay on top of the rest and go edge to edge. 1 drop and it is broken. Im very very disappointed.

It may look beautiful but who cares if you have to hide the beauty with a stupid cover? I hate covers with all my heart.

Darius_520

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Have you seen the actual phone in person? That's just renders and rumors and... better wait until official pictures get revealed then u can shout in the forums.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The fact is that,unless encased in 3 inches of bubble wrap, phones Will break at some point if you drop them. Flagship devices are typically not made to be industrial grade.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually liked the 920 like this, then it fell face first and cracked. Its a risk I am willing to take cuz it just looks sexy. Samsung does it with galaxy 6 edges.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
This is a huge turn-off for me. The glass screen seems to lay on top of the rest and go edge to edge. 1 drop and it is broken. Im very very disappointed.

It may look beautiful but who cares if you have to hide the beauty with a stupid cover? I hate covers with all my heart.

Don't get one then, or learn to not drop your phone!!!!

I have owned loads of phones, and have yet to drop one. Simple!!!

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I use my Lumia 730 without flip covers and glass protectors and I've dropped it like 5-6 times on a hard floor and it has survived. Don't know how its glass hasn't shattered until now since a few of those drops were screen first. Anyways, here is a thing about plastics/polycarbonate- it has elasticity so in case of drops, it sustains force and don't let it spread to internals. It doesn't even dent easily. And if worst comes to worst, you can always replace it. About screen, you've to get lucky though. Gorilla Glass three coupled with AMOLED makes a good combo though. Even if there are scratches, the screen is usually so vibrant that you never notice them.

But again, if you are sort of a clumsy person, do get protective covers, beauty or no, no phone is prone to damages when it comes to drops. Contrary to what most people believe, metal phones, however beautiful they look, sustain worst damages and dents when they drop.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The same is true for all slim touch screen candy bar phones, the op is making a mountain out of a mole hill in my opinion. Plus the darn phone hasn't been released it so we do not know what it would be made out of, heck it could be made out of carbotanium... :winktongue: .

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The front panel design of the rumored 950 reminds me most of the Lumia 810. Look it up and see how the back cover doesn't reach the front of the device at any point. My mom used this phone and has dropped it on many occasions. Not once did the screen crack. Of course mileage may vary, but I am not too worried about the sturdiness of this next phone.

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
This is why I actually prefer chunkier designs, and I sincerely hope Microsoft isn't gunning for razor thin like most flagships nowadays. I prefer some grip, though I can tolerate ultra thin if I can replace the battery...

That said I can't see a Lumia device being more-so fragile than before. The screen will always likely go first but everything else should be tough and ready to go rough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit