Moving from Samsung Note 4 to Lumia 640 XL................. Suggestion plz

ankupan

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Right now I am using Samsung Note 4 and thinking to switch for Lumia 640 XL.

Please guide and share your experience for same.

Thansk

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
going from note 4 (a flagship) would you not be happier with one of the announced flagship phones, such as cityman or talkman etc, as one of those even has the pen capability: Microsoft's Cityman and Talkman flagship Lumia phones and what you need to know | Windows Central - could be a few months wait though....

If you're talking flagship for flagship for the sake of power I would agree, generally. But if you're talking about getting the job done, there is much broader discussion to be had and so far, the OP really hasn't provided much beyond asking for guidance without destination and I have no idea what that means. A simple search would get to 'discussion' about moving from android to Windows phone but that option isn't chosen.

Bazza1603

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I have done it and don't miss the Note at all.

Battery life is the main difference. I travel often by train and sit on the phone a lot and when the plugs on the trains don't work, I run out of juice on the note. I could do 2 trips with the 640Xl.

Feel between the two is different, I prefer the 640Xl except for the camera sticking out a little. Need a case I am happy with and hopefully it will solve it.

I cant remember the last time I rebooted the 640XL. At times the Note frustrated me with this.

640XL I wish had bigger onboard storage than 8GB. Now maps have to be stored on the device which is a pain.

To be honest I am a Windows fan over Android, but I don't regret the switch at all!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
@Bazza, the joy of just riding the trains. I wish we would develop rail travel in the states but oil people don't allow anything to affect the money they make from the airlines. but I digress. :)

atkichra

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a 640 myself and I will say when I go on trips that's the phone I use. My s5 is my daily driver but the battery drain on lollipop is really bad. The 5.1.1 update fixed that but if you're on a note 4 you probably won't have that anytime soon lol. I just can't switch to WP fulltime because of the lack of games, clash of clans and snap chat. If they ever get these I'd seriously consider using my 640 more often.

smunro622

May 30, 2015
Visit site
i was a note 4 user prior to going to a 1520 then a 640 XL, I have to say the note 4 is nice but i really enjoyed the 1520 more than the 640XL.
the biggest killer is the 8 gigs of space, i have mine just about filled up, i do use a SD card for most of everything. I would suggest finding a used 1520 on ebay or swappa then getting a 640XL

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I would say no. I have a Note 4 as well. And it is my daily driver. Anyways, is your choice after all should you want to change it.

richmed

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I gotta say, I never had an Android but my wife and kid always had... amazingly enough, there's nothing they can do that I cannot top off, including my other song and his iPhone 5S. I had Windows for a while already, coming from a Samsung ATIV S, and loving my new 640XL. Definitively awesome, just get a bit SD card and allow for only your docs to be on phone, sync/backup (auto) your pics to the cloud so you can then delete most whenever and use the Onedrive app to organize and sync again to your Media PC or main laptop/desktop. Apps some into the SD card and some on the phone... the most needed ones do go into the phone. Size, a bit uncomfortable to manage but it's ok... I like how I can read webpages, watch movies, see pictures and do some occasional gaming. Battery so far is good, 8GB storage not an issue with my 64GB SD card, camera not at top, but a few tweaks in the Lumia Camera and you get awesome shots. My word to you... GO FOR IT!

Firipu

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Also got myself a 640xl. Coming from an Xperia z3. The extra screensize is fantastic. But a flagship android phone is a lot smoother in use.

Everything feels a lot slower, and the phone lags a bit here and there. The windows phone UI hides it well though, many animations just take a second. But as nice as Windows Phone is, Android is a loooot more polished.

Sticking with the 640xl for now while testing w10 and for the extra screensize. But W10 still has a lot of work to make me convert 100% from Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes