How can I fix my Power Key?

hdmandersson

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Power key is broken

Bought a used Lumia 930 and now the power key is broken. It is just loose and has lost all function. Is there any way to fix it by myself or do I need to leave it for repair? I have read on the internet about the key losing it?s "bounce", but not any good solution. I didn?t get any receipt, but the hardware warranty should still work in some cases. The cost to repair it without warrany is approximately 40-50 dollars, not really a big deal but could use the money for more fun things...

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Power key is broken

How is it broken? Is it depressed all the way? Does it still depress, and click, but there is no response from the phone?

I would suspect it to be one of a coupe of things: the little plastic doodad behind the key that holds it in place, and gives it spring feeling. If it's that, it's easy. Another issue could be button on the board itself. In that case, it's complicated.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Power key is broken

It?s the plastic thing that?s broken... :unhappy:

The plastic thing on the board, or on the inside of the frame? I hope that makes sense. It's easy to break the one on the board if you take the board out and replace it.

There is a potential fix for it that may work.

If you want to PM me, I might be able to help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon