Lumia 640 slow wifi

ricrocks12

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Is there any reason certain apps give me network error (TubeCast) while others also seem slow over Wi-Fi when I'm holding my Lumia 640, yet apps start working once I lay it on a flat surface?

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
yes, there is, noise in signal depends on wave propagation plane
change the position of your wi-fi antenna from horizontal to vertical, or some other angle you find better, or u might be having up to 40% noise in signal

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm having similar issues, but it isn't related to being on a flat surface. I am going to start another thread on this topic in a moment but I found that by turning off bluetooth my wifi speeds are 27.82 mbps and with bluetooth on are 1.8 mbps.

I already turned off Wifi Calling on T-Mobile because that ALSO kills wifi speed on this phone. I'm starting to wonder if the phone internals were not designed well or if I just have a dud.

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
When my Lumia 640 wlan is activated and the phone is connected to my wlan router, the devices normally handshake at the speed of 72.2 Mbps, which gives you download speed almost approx. 50 Mbps when you test it with Speedtest app.

Just tested the download speed with bluetooth activated as well. Maybe there is a tiny drop, but not very much. Download speed is 40+ Mbps.

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
This makes me wonder. Could you check something for me? When you have bluetooth on does your phone connect to anything?

Two things happen when I have bluetooth on. It automatically connects to my Misfit Flash (which the Windows App doesn't even support yet) and I lose the keyboard completely. I cannot get the keyboard back unless I disable bluetooth.

So I'm wondering if the folks with no issues have their phones connected to anything via bluetooth or if it is on, but not connected. That might help me (and hopefully Microsoft if anybody is watching) figure this out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon