Start background and lock screen issue

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm setting up a new Lumia 640 for my mother. When the phone first came on, all tiles on the start screen were just black. I've finished setting up the phone and I was trying to figure out a way to liven up the display a little. The accent color is set to cyan, there was already a default background image selected, and I've changed the lock screen image to different apps and pictures.

None of these setting are changing anything. All the tiles on the start screen are still black, even if I switch to the light theme. If I remove the background image from the start screen, instead of reverting the tiles to the accent color, they remain black. I also can't get a background image to appear on the lock screen. It is just a black screen with light gray text and icons for the time and notifications.

My mother is still using her old phone for now as I'm attempting to configure this new one. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? Should I try reloading the firmware from the Windows Phone Recovery Tool?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm setting up a new Lumia 640 for my mother. When the phone first came on, all tiles on the start screen were just black. I've finished setting up the phone and I was trying to figure out a way to liven up the display a little. The accent color is set to cyan, there was already a default background image selected, and I've changed the lock screen image to different apps and pictures.

None of these setting are changing anything. All the tiles on the start screen are still black, even if I switch to the light theme. If I remove the background image from the start screen, instead of reverting the tiles to the accent color, they remain black. I also can't get a background image to appear on the lock screen. It is just a black screen with light gray text and icons for the time and notifications.

My mother is still using her old phone for now as I'm attempting to configure this new one. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? Should I try reloading the firmware from the Windows Phone Recovery Tool?

Maybe it's on high contrast mode. Check 'ease of access ' in the settings.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Since I have time to finish setting the phone up for her, I went ahead and reset it using the recovery tool. Everything looks normal now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon