Contacts and sms transfer

Raja23

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm an android user previously using Samsung galaxy Note 2. Recently I purchased this phone and want to know, which app I can use to transfer the contacts and sms from my note2. I couldn't find any app from the store to do this.

Please help!!!!:shocked:

Raja23

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm not able to install it, since it says, this app is not available for my phone. Can I download the app and install it manually? if so, can I install it directly from my memory card or phones internal memory?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just transfered contacts off 2 dumb phones to 2 Lumia 635s for my in-laws. Each contact needs to be handed over separately. Time consuming, but it worked.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I just transfered contacts off 2 dumb phones to 2 Lumia 635s for my in-laws. Each contact needs to be handed over separately. Time consuming, but it worked.
I'm pretty sure there's a way to do every contact in the phone as one mass bulk upload on Bluetooth. I don't know what it is though. When I got my 635 the people at the T-Mobile store did this to move my contacts from my old Gingerbread Android HTC G2 to my new Lumia 635.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If you're contacts are all included as Google contacts it should be as easy as adding your associated Gmail account into your list of Accounts on your windows phone. You can also import them through any web browser. From Bing.com Login to your Microsoft account you created or had when setting up your Windows Phone (live, outlook, etc.). Hover 'Office Online' at top of screen and select 'People'. Select 'Start Import' and then choose the account type and enter your Gmail or other account service containing all your contacts. The People tile will update to include all added contacts.

Raja23

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the info. Can I remove or unlink my gmail account from the phone after importing the contacts? Since I don't want to use my gmail on this phone.

smokin901

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm an android user previously using Samsung galaxy Note 2. Recently I purchased this phone and want to know, which app I can use to transfer the contacts and sms from my note2. I couldn't find any app from the store to do this.

Please help!!!!:shocked:
Install switch to windows phone on your Android phone from Google playstore

Install switch to windows phone on your windows phone.

Run app on your Android select Wi-Fi option in the app note down Wi-Fi name and password

On windows phone goto Wi-Fi and connect to Wi-Fi

Run app on windows phone follow onscreen instructions
You should be able to transfer contacts messages photos videos

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the info. Can I remove or unlink my gmail account from the phone after importing the contacts? Since I don't want to use my gmail on this phone.

Yes you can actually unlink your Gmail after the transfer. Just go to Emails and Accounts and remove Gmail.

smokin901

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes you can actually unlink your Gmail after the transfer. Just go to Emails and Accounts and remove Gmail.

Hi,

Removing gmail account will remove contacts from phone.

Why don't you go to outlook.com select people and link your Google account there it sync your Google contacts with Microsoft that way you do not have to add Google account on your phone.

priya s

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
hi Raja,
Did you get any method to work? My android is a ginger-bread version and i am unable to install "Switch to Windows phone" App; "Transfer My Data" windows app isnt supported for blu Win HD phone; Transfering contacts over blue-tooth transfers only one or two contacts!
Could anyone help with this issue?

thanks in advance,
Priya

tushardhingra

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Use "contacts+message backup"
Steps:
1. Download the above app from store (it will appear at last in you "settings").

2. Take a backup on your android phone (export contacts to SD card).

3. Copy the backup file to your windows phone in folder "backup+restore" > "contactsBackup" (automatically created) on you SD card/phone storage. Create the path if not automatically created by the app you downloaded.

4. Open settings, go to contacts+message backup and tap restore. Select the backup file you just created and you are done.

All these contacts will now also be backup on you Microsoft account that you use as primary on this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon