MTP USB error ALL THE TIME!

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 1520 will barely be recognized by my laptop. If it registers, it'll be for a second and then driver errors. MTP USB device always gives problems, and troubleshooting no longer resolves the issue.

I have tried uninstalling from the device manager and reinstalling, troubleshooting through devices and printers etc.. No resolution. I have downloaded drivers from online, no dice. Using different USB ports, different cables, and different machines yield the same result.

Any suggestions?

Any advice?

Vic Nair

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue the other day, just reinstall the same driver using files available in the computer, select the certificate available and voila; you are good to go.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I followed your instructions, uninstalled everything labelled "Nokia" or "Lumia" as well as all the other devices which weren't currently connected. I turned the phone off, then plugged it in to the PC.

USB Deview.PNG

Didn't seem to work..PNG

USB Driver problems.PNG

:cry:

scotsmantom

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a 1520 which works fine but my 1020 had same prob and i tried EVERYTHING. Finally took it to my Nokia approved repairer who in 24 hrs put a new "back" on with new USB port and its fine again. But not going to go back to WM 10 builds yet until Steve Litchfield says it's ready.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I finally pinpointed the issue. If the sd card is removed from the phone, this issue resolves itself.

Soon as I put the SD card into the phone, all of a sudden Instead of the the name of my Lumia appearing under Portable Devices, the name switches to MTP USB device and then the error presents itself.

I'm using a Samsung 128GB micro SD card and I've noticed that above 70GB capacity, it gets corrupted (usually around the 80GB mark). Scanning for errors or running chkdsk /f removes approx 10GB of corruption bringing me back down to the 70GB neighbourhood.

But the phone is recognized with the memory card by my other system and I'm able to sideload apps etc.

This is frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon