On-Screen Buttons DEAL BREAKER! Not buying anymore Lumias!

jonda99

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
What the???? I agree with the onscreen buttons. I use a 1520 and love it. However I picked up a used 640 for cheap to try the WM 10. As I play Words with Friends I look down to hit the home button, and WTH there is no home button. After tapping all over to figure out how the hell to get to the home screen button I finally figure out you swipe up. Duh! Now it's no big deal. If the 950XL works the same, I have no problem with them. However, since I'm still exploring 10 maybe I'll find something that sucks.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
What the???? I agree with the onscreen buttons. I use a 1520 and love it. However I picked up a used 640 for cheap to try the WM 10. As I play Words with Friends I look down to hit the home button, and WTH there is no home button. After tapping all over to figure out how the hell to get to the home screen button I finally figure out you swipe up. Duh! Now it's no big deal. If the 950XL works the same, I have no problem with them. However, since I'm still exploring 10 maybe I'll find something that sucks.
I like the on-screen buttons because, when playing a game, I don't hit the back button when I'm in the middle of a game anymore. :grin:

Pirate Arr

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Lol wow. Hilarious post and thread. You know on screen keys don't take one inch of screen display right and unlike capacitive you can easily swipe them away with no issue on ANY application or screen and hide them and have no accidents of accidentally touching a capacitive key and undo what you've done or go to the home screen or activate Cortana. You need your priorities straightened out.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my Frost Nexus 6P

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol wow. Hilarious post and thread. You know on screen keys don't take one inch of screen display right and unlike capacitive you can easily swipe them away with no issue on ANY application or screen and hide them and have no accidents of accidentally touching a capacitive key and undo what you've done or go to the home screen or activate Cortana. You need your priorities straightened out.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my Frost Nexus 6P

Yes, too much drama on that title

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I like on screen buttons. the design / appearance of the phone is more simple and elegant without buttons.

950XL works the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
On screen has never bothered me.
My Xperia has them and it seems the best option.

Frankly I'd rather have virtual keys than hardware on any phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon