Why does my Nokia Lumia 635 show gears and then a frowny face?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 635 shows Gears and then frowny face :-(

i downloaded windows insider then windows 10 (slow version). got to where it shows the spinning gears the second time it froze after it got full bars. so i waited then pulled the battery i waited awhile before turning it on. after i turned it on it showed black home screen only bottom 3 buttons and the battery and stuff on top. so i hard reset the phone and then it showed gears and then frowny face plz help

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 635 shows Gears and then frowny face :-(

Well, it happens sometimes, fortunately there's solution, you have to rollback to 8.1 either with Windows device recovery tool or Nokia software updater for retail...

PrplHaz4

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 635 shows Gears and then frowny face :-(

Teo Bartulovic i just made an account this is my question it just loops also i can't hard reset it just starts all over

I had this problem too - where WDRT does not detect the phone. In this situation you have to time it right, so that when you are clicking continue in WDRT it is at the right point of the phone's boot process (listen for the USB beeps). It was finicky and frustrating - definitely not just fire up WDRT and plug it in...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes