I got 640XL, I will be using it for 2 months before I give this to my mom and get a 950XL, this is also the first time I am using a Windows Phone. I love the OS and how smooth the phone is, coming from a Galaxy S3. Even though the lack of apps, especially Google apps, started to hurt a bit. My issue mainly is around the touchscreen. It is fine, but at times I feel the screen does not register my touch, is it normal?
    Maxy12 likes this.
    10-16-2015 09:39 AM
    I got 640XL, I will be using it for 2 months before I give this to my mom and get a 950XL, this is also the first time I am using a Windows Phone. I love the OS and how smooth the phone is, coming from a Galaxy S3. Even though the lack of apps, especially Google apps, started to hurt a bit. My issue mainly is around the touchscreen. It is fine, but at times I feel the screen does not register my touch, is it normal?
    Have you try turning off or on super sensitive touch
    10-16-2015 09:50 AM
    Have you try turning off or on super sensitive touch
    I am told this phone does not have that. I look for it, can't find it.
    10-16-2015 09:52 AM
    In what situation phone screen doesn't register touch input? If when its plugged in a charger, solution is simple: replace faulty or incompatible charger. Or you can check Settings\Ease of access and turn off Screen Magnifier. Check if your phone is up to date with latest updates. Finally, it can be touch screen issue, faulty phone thus I'll recommend you to return device to get it fixed/screen replaced/device replaced.
    10-16-2015 10:04 AM
    I am told this phone does not have that. I look for it, can't find it.
    No worries, i was not sure if it did or not, before taking it back for replacement, try soft resetting it, if that does not work try hard resetting it and if that does not work then try making sure your all up to date, other wise take it back and Get a replacement as that is not normal :) and I would hate to just get a phone and have it done that, it would put me of that brand but don't worry this does not happen a lot, its rare and happens on most things with touch
    10-16-2015 10:04 AM
    Settings; extras; touch, should be there. High sensitivity is for gloves and whatnot.
    10-16-2015 10:10 AM
    Settings; extras; touch, should be there. High sensitivity is for gloves and whatnot.
    Such a setting isn't available on the Lumia 640XL. In the touch options, the is only the double tap to wake and navigation keys' haptic feedback settings.
    10-16-2015 10:14 AM
    Hi welcome to windows phone. Sorry for your bad experience with the screen. Unfortunately, you may just be the unlucky one. You'll find lots of help here. Could you tell us what apps you use? There are a good few 3rd party apps (that are usually better than the authentic apps) so maybe we can assist? We want to give you the best experience on windows phone.
    Satyendra Nair likes this.
    10-16-2015 10:17 AM
    Maybe just power down and let it sit for a bit then power up.
    10-16-2015 10:31 AM
    Ok, I figured it is probably not an issue. It is just windows touch behaves a bit differently to Android. Like the touches need to be more specific.
    10-17-2015 04:12 PM