How do I recover a photo from a hard bricked Lumia 1020?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to recovery photo from hard bricked lumia 1020

My 1020 had been hard bricked today

but I didnt upgrade it win10 preview

How can I recovery my photos before recover 1020??

Thanks!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to recovery photo from hard bricked lumia 1020

Have you tried plugging it into your PC with the USB cable? Of course you'll need to charge the phone. Is it not turning on at all? Anything showing on the screen? (like a sad smiley face, or an exclamation point?)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to recovery photo from hard bricked lumia 1020

hard bricked

That would mean you exhausted all avenues to recover. Have you tried the Windows Device Recovery Tool? FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

Quddus Okele

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 1020 is showing Blue screen with a message BITLOCKER. plugin the usb drive that has the bitlocker key. i dont have any bitlocker stored in usb drive.
please i need help. device is running w 10 mobile build 581

A54D

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Well it seems you had bitlocker enabled in the settings.

When recovering my Surface Pro 3 from Windows 10 Technical Preview back to Windows 8.1 it asked me the same thing but instead of USB it said check your emails, I did and there was a code I just typed it and it unlocked instantly. So you could try checking your emails.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon