Hi, I am using Lumia 640 from past three months. Yesterday i went to office with phone in my side pocket of jab. After reaching office I see there is a crack. On reaching Microsoft service centre I was told that this damage can't be covered under phone warranty.i was shocked to hear the display replacement cost. At present the phone is available at ₹8999 and as per service centre the display costs ₹5800. I want to confirm if that's the reason cost or if I can order the display online from Amazon or flipkart etc. Please suggest. 😡
    11-02-2015 09:27 AM
    I somehow broke my display while it was in my pocket. On enquiring the Microsoft service executive told me to not to keep my cell in tight jeans pocket else it will break. Is that so? Lumia 640 display is that fragile?
    In addition to that. The cell costs around 8999 INR and the display costs INR 5800. I need confirmation on that as well. Sounds unusual..
    Thanks.
    11-02-2015 12:22 PM
    Yes it happens with iphone 6 too
    11-02-2015 12:45 PM
    Threads Merged.

User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.
    11-02-2015 03:23 PM
    There are "Lumia 640 screen replacements" easily searchable through any of the mainstream search engines, that range from $15-$50 per piece... on average around half the price of what you've stated. However, those won't cover any warranties and will not be guaranteed to work... in addition to the possibility of not being original parts.

It's unfortunate that the screen cracked... but at this point, it's just a matter of weighing the risks of buying a cheaper screen replacement with the inherent risks of having your phone repaired professionally at a higher price.
    11-03-2015 05:51 AM
    One more reason to add a good glass screen protector for a bit more safety.
    libra89 and gpobernardo like this.
    11-03-2015 10:39 AM
    One more reason to add a good glass screen protector for a bit more safety.
    In this case (crack prevention), I'd agree that adding an extra layer of protection would help - but the question would be what kind of extra protection. An adhesive-based glass screen protector would protect against direct impacts but it won't protect the screen from warping (since it is not chemically bound to the original screen). Liquid screen protectors (those that really work by chemically bonding to the surface of the screen) have higher chances of providing additional strength to the screen.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-04-2015 12:58 PM