Nokia Lumia 635 warranty contact issues, can I get some help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 635 Warranty Contact Issues

A couple of days ago my phone shut down on it's own. When I tried to restart it I got a spinning cog and then a sad face (yes I said sad face) :-( I took it to where I bought it and was told they had never seen that before and he gave me a warranty phone number to contact. Here is my experience with the warranty department---I went through the microsoft website and produced a help ticket where I was supposed to wait for a confirmation e-mail with information on how to send my phone back. I never received the e-mail so I called the warranty phone number given to me by my carrier (boost mobile). I spoke to someone that first tried to tell me the IMEI number that I gave them was a number short but he would resend the email so I could send the phone for repair. I waited 30 minutes and no e-mail, so I called again, this person told me that the IMEI number I have him was a legitimate number (the same one I gave the first guy) and that the e-mail wasn't sent so he'd would resend and to give it an hour to send. I went and ran some errands for 2 hours and when I returned, no e-mail. So I called again and after several attempts of asking for a supervisor I was told that it takes 24 hours for the e-mail to be sent and that a supervisor wasn't available. I still have no information on getting my phone repaired!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
First of all please sign up so we can help as much as possible and so that you can keep us up to date :)

Put the phone to charge for at least an hour, then proceed to soft reset the phone (hold down volume down and power button simultaneously, continue holding until you feel the phone vibrate and then let both go) Holding down the buttons shouldn't last more than 30 seconds..

If that doesn't work we can go for a hard reset and try the windows devices recovery tool, but give the soft reset a try first

Tattdmom

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Ok I'm signed up. Now as far as the charging/soft/hard reset....I've done all of that and still get nothing but the sad face. My computer couldn't find the phone through the recovery tool either. All I'm looking for is the e-mail promised me by the warranty dept so I can send my phone to be repaired because unfortunately the closest store is in Washington DC and I'm in Delaware. Any information you could give me would be so much appreciated.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok I'm signed up. Now as far as the charging/soft/hard reset....I've done all of that and still get nothing but the sad face. My computer couldn't find the phone through the recovery tool either. All I'm looking for is the e-mail promised me by the warranty dept so I can send my phone to be repaired because unfortunately the closest store is in Washington DC and I'm in Delaware. Any information you could give me would be so much appreciated.

Thank you for signing up :) So the "phone not detected" option had no result either?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon