Lumia Icon and Att

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So my 640 XL is an awesome phone in its price point but I have been having various issues with it. Seems a mic might be broken and the screen/display has some issues going on with it.

I of course would rather wait for the 950s release BUT there is no known exact release date yet either. With that said, I was looking at buying a used phone. I was going to go 1520 but had 3 of those and I don't want another really. I looked at the 930 and they are still pretty expensive...and then I remembered the icon.

How is the Icon for Att usage? I am a GoPhone owner...I'd mainly need it to of course Call and text and pic message. data I am not too hard pressed about but at least HSPA+ would be preferred.

I see they go for about $200 on Ebay and my little brother is always talking about wanting a new phone from his current lumia, so I can always just give it to him next month when I buy my 950 but I want to maek sure the Icon can adequately do pic msg and texting before going through the trouble of buying it.

I do seem to remember reading people had issues with it on other carriers but I think that may be T-Mobile.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I scored a 9.5 condition white Icon this summer for $144. I had to wait and watch for many weeks to find one in super condition at that cost. But you should be able to find one well below $200 now. With 50+ Icons on the bay, it is almost double the listings for them since spring and summer.

Also, not sure about the Icon on an ATT service. Maybe you can just use a Verizon mvno for no problems. I use page plus $30 plan for 1500 mins, unlimited txt, and 1 gb data. Could not be any happier to pay so little and have such a great phone. I just see no reason personally to upgrade yet as it would not net me anything I would need, use or want at this point. I know that will change later on.....but now. I feel my setup is a steal when I compare to my friends money spent on iphones and high end android phones with a $70+ month bills for service.

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
The icon works with LTE on T-Mobile, but I think you will be limited to HSPA+ on AT&T. Everything else should work I think, but you may need to apply the workaround to get MMS working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon