Lumia 950 XL Video & Picture tests on YouTube

alb3530

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
A new video showing (possibly) Lumia 950 XL 4K video and photo capabilities was posted 1 day ago by SuperHDView on YouTube.

Their channel is 2 years old, and they have posted several other phone comparisons regarding video & picture.

When asked why the phone isn't shown in the video, they answered the device is a loan, and can't be shown:

Capture.PNG

Watch it here:

It's now 13:58, November 6, 2015, and as they promissed, SuperHDView has just added another 950 XL camera performance video, this time side-by-side with LG G4.

Check below:

Lumia 950 XL Low Light Camera Test:

Another Lumia 950 XL Low Light video:

So, what do you think?

Best regards

Last edited:

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
The Lumia's photos looked a lot better. They're much warmer, and more naturalistic. The LG is waaaay too cool, I would feel the need to post proc every single photo I took, ugh.

As for video... too close to really decide, I think they're both more or less equal. On some of the clips, I liked the LG better, on some the Lumia.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Lumia does seem to have better photos imo. The G4 did seem really cold looking. Which isn't bad, but it depends on what kind of look you may want. I do think it takes better video, but a lot of this can change with software updates.

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I watched the G4 vs 950xl video on my 4k monitor, and the G4 definitely wins in video. It is noticeably sharper and more detailed. The 950xl's video seems a bit blurry in comparison.

The 950xl looks much better in the still shots though.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
To me (and I'm speaking only for myself), I preferred the LG G4 in both video and still images. I thought it was sharper (at the cost of being a bit less saturated).

I also appreciated the slightly larger field of view in the video. Maybe that was just a setting, but it was nice.

Having said that, I really don't have anything bad to say about the 950 camera. It looks great all on its own.

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Since there is no proof that this IS the lumia 950 XL will i not compair. And if this is 950XL is the camera software not finished. Can't wait for a real review :D

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
nobody will buy the 950 because they can't upload these gorgeous pictures into meager OneDrive...

oops... forgot there is also DropBox, Amazon Cloud Drive, Google Drive, etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes