Dealing with loss of Glance, Touch, Display etc. on W10M?

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

So, it's well known that people can experience the loss of these key interfaces that control Glance, Touch, Display, etc. upon doing a hard reset on W10M to help iron things out. I personally, am a heretic and don't like glance screen, even more so because it defaults to interval, making it largely useless for me since I can't change it. Originally, the workaround was to use sysapp pusher or any of the updater apps to force it to open through the store. Turns out, this hasn't worked anymore for the last two or so builds, at least for me.

While W10M runs fairly nicely, there are some key areas that I know could be straightened out with a hard reset. Dan and everyone else always recommend: do a hard reset after each build... well, I can't, because I'm stuck with default settings that I really don't like and have no use to me. I haven't seen so many people talking about this so it makes me ask the question:

Is there still a way to call back the glance screen and other functions with sysapp pusher and other workarounds not doing it? Should I just keep hard resetting until I get lucky? Or am I just horrifically unlucky?

Any help would be appreciated, because if this persists with the 'RTM' build coming up, then it's gonna be absolutely useless to me.

Thanks!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Glance in the recent build was confirmed to be working and is under settings -> Extras.

I don't suppose you looked under extras?

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Quite so. And it's not there. I can confirm this on both my 1520 and my 830. The 830, however, has a bit of luck: the first hard reset, they're still present. If I need to hard reset again, they disappear.

So yes. Of course I looked in extras, because that's where I'm used to them being.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I guess you will need to roll back to WP8.1 then you will need to update to the RTM build to regain back glance, presuming the glance app is failing install directly from the store on WM10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2