Not receiving texts and failing to show sent texts Lumia 950?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Not receiving texts and failing to show sent texts lumia 950

All of a sudden, my phone has stopped receiving text messages until hours later. If im in the messaging app, i tap on a new text ill reply and it wont show that i replied. I then wont receive messages until hours later when I guess it finally has sent? Also, in my messaging its showing messages from years ago. I dont want my texts to save or to be backed up or restored. how do i fix these issues!???

Teddraper

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Not receiving texts and failing to show sent texts lumia 950

I am having the same problem... I'm not receiving text or phone calls until I reset my phone. I looked in this forum and it's been a problem with windows phones since 2013. I'm not sure if it's a Windows or ATT problem. I can't find the answers. I know this doesn't supply you with answers, but it lets you know others share your pain. If Microsoft reads these forums, they should address the issue or at least give someone and explanation.

DancingDave

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
There currently is a bug in Windows 10 Mobile which makes it impossible to receive some SMS. It affects a lot of German users when using mobile banking (SMS-TAN) but also affects Microsoft's own two factor authorization. Also some people report they don't receive SMS from Facebook or PayPal. Apparently Windows 10 Mobile sometimes uses the wrong APN and then doesn't show the SMS.

Only solution for now from Microsoft is to rollback to WP 8.1 until it'll be fixed in a future update (though not an option on the 950 of course).

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem. Turns out it was a new App I installed ' ACTION NOTES" Its a really great app that allows you to quickly add Notes to the Action Center. I was quite surprised that Microsoft allowed a third party to have such deep access to such a new and Major function .[ Action Center]

I really got used to the app real fast until I diagnosed step by step and its removal was the culprit ( IN MY CASE) :grin:

It may not be the same with the rest of you .Keep track of your apps just in case . Its the same concept as the old "Turn Back" Feature in Windows Desktop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon