Setting up the 950 without WiFi, any issues?

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I should be getting my AT&T 950 today while at work. I'll have some time on break to play with it, but won't have WiFi. I don't want to use a ton of my data downloading a bunch of settings, I'd like to get most of the updates done at home when I am on WiFi.

What are your thoughts? Should I even start it up at work without WiFi? Or wait till I get home?

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I should be getting my AT&T 950 today while at work. I'll have some time on break to play with it, but won't have WiFi. I don't want to use a ton of my data downloading a bunch of settings, I'd like to get most of the updates done at home when I am on WiFi.

What are your thoughts? Should I even start it up at work without WiFi? Or wait till I get home?

Start that bad boy up! Play with it! Then when you get home, do a factory reset and setup like normal. That's my vote.

tanders04#WN

May 28, 2014
Visit site
You should be fine. It is going to stop the major downloads/updates from going without being on wifi. The bulk of my updates didn't start until I got home and set up wifi.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Except now it's delayed, it's still not into PA! I may have to wait till tomorrow!!! :eck:

The worst part?
Friday, I called my local AT&T store, and asked if they had any in stock. Nope. No, 'we're getting some soon' or 'you can order and when we get some you can pick it up'. Just 'Nope'.
So I ordered through Amazon with 'Next day' delivery. Later that night I happen to be at near the AT&T store and the guy says, 'yeah, we've got some'. I asked, white and black? And he said yeah, we got some in today. :angry: I pulled up my Amazon order on my phone, but it was too late to cancel!

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I initially set up my 950 dual sim without wifi, and I never was prompted to restore my backups. No reboots brought up this option, nor any options in the settings even after I logged into my wifi and after I put my sim card in.

After doing a factory reset and running the initial setup with wifi on, I was able to restore backups.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I initially set up my 950 dual sim without wifi, and I never was prompted to restore my backups. No reboots brought up this option, nor any options in the settings even after I logged into my wifi and after I put my sim card in.

After doing a factory reset and running the initial setup with wifi on, I was able to restore backups.

Hmm... I think I'd like to try to restore the backup from my 920. So maybe I will wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos