Possible to have 950XL made a tone when a phone call ends?

trekster

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Former Samsung Note user. Not sure if this is a Samsung or Android feature but when I finish a call, the Note made a short and quiet chime. This is useful because I can tell that a call did in fact end as opposed to it still going on when I thought I had ended the call and the person on the other being able to hear what's going on until I find out.

Is it possible to implement this in Windows Phone 10?

trekster

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Bump.

Plus to add that this chime is also useful if the network dropped my call. I don't keep talking when there isn't anyone listening... :-D

trekster

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, ignore my last comment, I heard my 950XL make a small tone when the line dropped today. So this aspect is actually in place.

I'd still like a tone when I end a call though.

trekster

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, you're right Someone, there was a "boop boop boop", but it was only if the other party or a network drop ended the call.

But If I ended the call, there is no tone.
I would be most happy if there was a tone if a call was terminated under any circumstance.

I miss this only because my former phone (different hardware vendor, different phone OS) had it. I know it sounds like a picky comment/complaint, but if you're used to having it, you do find that you miss it.

The benefit with an audible confirmation is due to no tactile feedback when using touchscreens, and thus you can't exactly tell if you hit the "end call" button accurately or hard enough. It's admitted a minor thing but without the tone, you have to focus just a tad harder to ensure you've ended the call. And why would you want to do that?

As a former programmer, I can tell you this is trivial to implement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes