Love my 950

KrisYYC

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't getting images in my email for the first few days, but now they're showing up. I don't think I've received any software updates that would have changed this. No idea why it started working.

Weirdly mine just did the same thing. Emails wouldn't show images at first but just now I checked an email and poof, it's working normally. I didn't do any software updates either. Strange.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: So far so good

how did you turn off Edge pre-render and also turned off Edge background tasks, I might try that, i'm not sure what i'm expecting with battery life, but I w as impressed with my 640 and this one does seem to be more juicy. for instance I had 100% at 7am this morning, i'm at 57% now as I type this, and I haven't made a call, i've been on maps and some emails and my Philips hue app and that's about it. maybe expecting too much i'm not sure.

Has the last update improved battery life?

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

yes it really has made a massive difference, so much so I even pushed the boat out and made my emails sync every two hours, previously I had it as manual to avoid battery drain. stupidly I chose to sync my works outlook mail account to all past emails, well that's 17000 emails at least in one folder and its being doing it all morning so that's why my battery was running down this morning, so I've turned the phone up and just sync'd a months worth of emails and its great again and not hot.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

yes it really has made a massive difference, so much so I even pushed the boat out and made my emails sync every two hours, previously I had it as manual to avoid battery drain. stupidly I chose to sync my works outlook mail account to all past emails, well that's 17000 emails at least in one folder and its being doing it all morning so that's why my battery was running down this morning, so I've turned the phone up and just sync'd a months worth of emails and its great again and not hot.

Good to hear. Yeah I did the same thing, syncing all the emails.

Ygglens

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Went from a 1020 to the 950, and I am very satisfied with it.

I use my phone as a camera very actively, and find that I am usually more satisfied with the snaps from the 950 than the 1020, though I really miss the resize feature the 1020 had, where you could allways recrop the picture. Not having that, is allmost a deal breaker.
The flash on the 1020 is way better at lighting upp the room, but the 950 leds give the pic better colors.

Everything related to cortana, is not available where I live, so other than the camera, the phone acts pretty mutch exactly the same as my 1020. Some times it's a tad slower at doing things, and some times it's tad faster, but the only real difference in the two phones expirience, is that win 10 has a more organised menu, and that the cameras have a few different features from one another.

Oh, and I'm getting pretty desent battery life, though this might be related to the "you Norweigan bastards don't deserve cortana, or anything related to her" thing.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Went from a 1020 to the 950, and I am very satisfied with it.

I use my phone as a camera very actively, and find that I am usually more satisfied with the snaps from the 950 than the 1020, though I really miss the resize feature the 1020 had, where you could allways recrop the picture. Not having that, is allmost a deal breaker.
The flash on the 1020 is way better at lighting upp the room, but the 950 leds give the pic better colors.

Everything related to cortana, is not available where I live, so other than the camera, the phone acts pretty mutch exactly the same as my 1020. Some times it's a tad slower at doing things, and some times it's tad faster, but the only real difference in the two phones expirience, is that win 10 has a more organised menu, and that the cameras have a few different features from one another.

Oh, and I'm getting pretty desent battery life, though this might be related to the "you Norweigan bastards don't deserve cortana, or anything related to her" thing.
Have relatives in Norway I visited a few years back. I visited Molde, Tonsberge and another city. Was an amazing trip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes