Gave Up on WM10-Revert Back to WM8.1

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
After using the WP10 Preview version for a couple of weeks, last night I had to use the Recovery Tool and revert back to 8.1.

Problems with WP10 started immediately, when I could not use my SD card with the OS. Every time I booted up I got this message: "SD card slot disabled. You can't use SD cards on your phone because of a server policy." We could never figure out what "server policy" the message referred to. I am on an Exchange account at work, we run Sophos Mobile Control. I do not run AirWatch (don't even know what that is). Mobile Control is set to allow the SD card, I never had a problem on any previous version of the OS. I see a discussion on I see a discussion here on the MS Community page, other folks having this same issue and they don't mention Mobile Control, so it may not even be an issue with that program.

Have spent a lot of time with our IT on this with no solution. So I had to store everything on my phone, and eventually after a couple of weeks my phone storage filled up yesterday and then corrupted/crashed all my email accounts so they couldn't sync. We uninstalled and reinstalled Mobile Control, and each of the email accounts several times with no luck. Not only could we not get the 830 to use the SD card, I couldn't get either of my 2 email accounts to sync, nor could I even get the Email Account settings app to load. After many hours, I reverted to WP 8.1 last night and got my SD card back. I would like to stay with WP 10 and get a 950 or 950XL, but will not do that without being able to use an SD card. So far no suggestions have worked.

jonahtrav

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
That's a bummer, but since they still haven't released a widows 10 version for the 830 maybe when that happens it will work... Let's hope so.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
It's these types of uncommon-use scenarios that have prevented Windows 10 Mobile from being released to a wide range of phones already. I read a couple of weeks back in a tweet from a Microsoft employee to someone asking about a similar issue, and the employee stated it was an issue they were actively tracking for a fix. I wish I could remember when/where/who with the tweet, but I follow too much and don't really have the time today to do a thorough search.

Like I said, it was an issue that sounded similar, and this one you experienced may or may not fall under the same umbrella. Hopefully you were able to report the issue to Microsoft through the feedback app and make them aware of the situation so that it can be fixed.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's these types of uncommon-use scenarios that have prevented Windows 10 Mobile from being released to a wide range of phones already. I read a couple of weeks back in a tweet from a Microsoft employee to someone asking about a similar issue, and the employee stated it was an issue they were actively tracking for a fix. I wish I could remember when/where/who with the tweet, but I follow too much and don't really have the time today to do a thorough search.

Like I said, it was an issue that sounded similar, and this one you experienced may or may not fall under the same umbrella. Hopefully you were able to report the issue to Microsoft through the feedback app and make them aware of the situation so that it can be fixed.

Found this discussion going on here:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2/6d702e67-6eae-4067-8b38-874a84e49756?page=1

Don't know if that's the one you saw. How would I report the issue to the MS through the feedback app? Can't find that.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear you are having issues. I have had a a pleasant experience thus far. Set up my work email myself. SD card working. Strange how these things only happen to some.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes