Lumia 950 - Dust in gap at top of device

dudey77

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

after I've been using my new Lumia 950 for a couple of days now, I noticed that there is a rather big gap at the top of the device between the glass-front and the frame of the device. Therefore a lot of dust and other small particles seem to get inside, which looks pretty messy...
However, at the bottom edge, as well as on the side edges, the gaps seem to be significantly smaller, with no dust in there at all...

What about the other 950 owners? Do you have the same problem? Did I just catch a bad one? The following pictures show the top edge compared to the bottom...

Thanks for your help
dudey77

Attachments

• IMG_6701.JPG
    IMG_6701.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6700.JPG
    IMG_6700.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 8

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Get that on nearly all products, far easy to see on black.. just use a lens cleaner or something fine like piece of paper to get it out... or even a dust blower

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, dust keep getting stuck in the gap between screen and it is really hard to clean it out, gap is really tight and deep, so blower or just simple screen wipe won't help a bit, so you have to find something very very narrow and soft and hard enough to get in between and clean it out without damaging the screen.

Mine is not that filthy as yours, but want the dust out too.

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I have such a problem too, and it is somewhat similar with my camera lens: there is also a smaller gap fit for dust and friends.
Now I have new criteria on my list to check on new devices.
Never again a Lumia 950, it is somewhat stylish despite the plastic back cover but the speaker is not placed smartly and all the gaps are showing me that they did not successfuly think twice about the design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon