Nillkin - Case & 9H Tempered Glass for Lumia 950?

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Nillkin - Case & 9H Tempered Glass for Lumia 950

For Lumia 950 owners, on Nillkin brand.

Maybe someone have Nillkin Super Frosted Shield Case to show how they fit and everything. Seen on web, seems slim and fit, but open top and bottom, does not give you best protection. Can't add links, sorry: www smartphonehoesjes nl / nillkin-frosted-shield-hardcase-microsoft-lumia-95 html

What about Nillkin 9H+ Tempered Glass Protection - "anti-shatter" seems nice and everything, but in pictures fit/cut at the top seem very unprotected.

And lastly, not from Nillkin, Tempered Glass from MyScreen Protection Diamond HybridGlass. Is it good? have no idea about the fit/cut, can't find anything anywhere.

If anyone have some experience or own any of these please report, post pictures, etc. Thank you.

Happy and Good upcoming New Year.

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nillkin - Case & 9H Tempered Glass for Lumia 950

Hi
I can thoroughly recommend the Nillkin Super Frosted Shield Case, as I've used one on my Lumia 1520 and recently on my newly purchased Lumia 950. On the lumia 950 it fits snugly over the existing rear cover. The corner's of the cover at the top & bottom of the case curve in ever so slightly, so don't protrude. I like that the case prevents any contact to the rear camera, so this avoid's any scratches to the camera lense glass. The key's on the side of the phone are easily accessed as the cover fits neatly around them, as each key has it's slightly recessed cut-out. Cut-outs on the rear are perfectly matched to the bottom speaker, triple flash, camera, top / side speaker's. To add on to the description, you get the feeling that the case is bulit to a very high quality, and is enhanced by the fine textured feel to the case, which gives positive grip. As for protection, well, it does protect the rear housing, camera area, and give the lumia 950 a more secure feel in the hand, and with the case being thin, it doesn't takeaway the sheer beauty of the phone. When I ordered this case for my Lumia 1520 a couple of years ago, and recently for my new Lumia 950 they came with a free Nillkin screen cover, and I have to say they are also top quality as the screen on my Lumia 1520 still looks as good as the first day I used it. I can't comment on the Nillkin 9H+ Tempered Glass Protection - "anti-shatter", as I've never used this kind of protection on any phone, though I'm told that if they are adhered correctly to the screen, they give fantastic protection against direct screen hits & falls.
Overal, I can heartily recommend the Nillkin Super Frosted Shield case to use on your Lumia 950, and you will most definitely be not disappointed with it.

Regards dozer167a

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for such a great and helpful post, I am leaning towards Nillkin case, because slim and fit look, and like you said, it does not take much from phone it self, does not transform into a bulky monster... in my country, there are not so many Cases to choose from, plus when phone it self still a new thing, so all the accessories on shelves mainly for 6s. Screen Protector that come with it, I think I will pass, cause I don't really like those plastic ones and does not help much when dropped, but i like the idea and protection from Tempered Glass, plus if cut is correct and not to small to cover all screen, it look good too.

Besides, what color did you pick?

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

Besides, what color did you pick?

I actually have the Black Nillkin case on the Black Lumia 950 so it's in stealth and really looks the business. Let me know how you get on with the Tempered glass Protection, once you get it, and as to how easy it is to fix to the screen. You may convince me to get a Tempered glass protection if all goes well for you. All the best dozer167a

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

I have a $6 tempered glass protector on my 950. It's fantastic... so nice. They have to not cover the cameras, mics, and proximity sensors. So there is am area at the top that is cut out, and a hole near the bottom (below and in between the Windows and search on screen buttons). These don't cause issues though, and leave it about 95% protected.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

All the best dozer167a
Same! going for Black on Black :grin: still have to decide what brand to choose for Tempered Glass, and about application, it is easier then regular plastic one. Just regular screen clean with the kit that come in the package, aim for perfect fit, and just touch center of the glass and watch it apply it self. If I get everything soon enough, will add some photos.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

What Brand?

Here is the exact listing I bought from:
Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Microsoft Lumia 950 Lumia 950 XL | eBay

In fact, I have bought tempered glass protectors from this seller quite a few times... I like them because they are in California so it doesn't take weeks to get, and they are always very reasonably priced.

I added pictures below so you can see the cutouts.

BTW, the case is this one:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...ar=481236261175&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$1.59 w/free shipping. This one is from China so it takes a week or so. Nice soft touch feel, raises the hump around the camera to protect the lens, slight raised edges on front so won't touch the glass when placed face down. Doesn't protect the top and bottom, but feels nice and doesn't add hardly any bulk or weight. LOTs of colors available.

WP_20151230_00_04_14_Rich.jpg
WP_20151230_00_03_40_Rich.jpg
WP_20151230_00_04_02_Rich.jpg
WP_20151230_00_04_29_Rich.jpg
WP_20151230_00_04_48_Rich.jpg

Last edited:

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, looking really solid and protected and Yellow! :grin: Case is very similar to Nillkin.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

Plus I kinda like your Screen Protector, cut-outs and fit, not like Nillkin's, because most of the top is not covered at all.

Last edited:

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nillkin - Case & 9H Tempered Glass for Lumia 950?

I'm resurrecting this thread because I have ordered the Nillkin 9H protector from eBay on a whim. I'm curious as to what the top left hole cut out is for on the protector? I don't see anything corresponding to that spot on the 950XL.

image.jpeg

napacaps

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm resurrecting this thread because I have ordered the Nillkin 9H protector from eBay on a whim. I'm curious as to what the top left hole cut out is for on the protector? I don't see anything corresponding to that spot on the 950XL.

View attachment 124898

top left is the location of IRIS light/scanner on Lumia 950/950XL.

please, report your experience with this protector.. i am debating myself wether to purchase it or not.. i am toubled with rather large cutout for front facing camera and proximity sensor...

Johan Ruda

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

top left is the location of IRIS light/scanner on Lumia 950/950XL.

please, report your experience with this protector.. i am debating myself wether to purchase it or not.. i am toubled with rather large cutout for front facing camera and proximity sensor...

The iris scanner is to the top right. The top left hole is for the front facing camera on the 950.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon