Lumia 950/XL issues: what FW number

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Every owner on this forum with a 950 or 950XL please post here if you do have the several issues reported: reboots, microsd card issues causing reboots and other severe issues and most important what is your firmware Revision (About->Tap on More-> read Firmware Revision) and if yours is single or dual sim, branded or CV, Europe/US/Asia. Seems there are devices out there with different firmware versions (except for the latest one pushed via OTA).
Maybe we can track the defective devices this way based on the FW Rev.
Thanks.

I have a 950 single SIM in Europe on Orange Network branded with no issues at all.
My FW revision is: 01078.00017.15452.59031

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My 950 is locked to AT&T. I've had a very rare reboot while taking photos (3 times in ~1.5 months) and it hasn't happened again in weeks. The biggest problem I've had has been with Bluetooth connectivity between my Band 2 and the phone, which so far seems to have been resolved by a factory reset.

Otherwise, my problems have been minimal, mostly related to small quality control issues with the OS and its apps. Battery life hasn't been an issue and the phone doesn't typically get warm outside of charging.

My firmware number is: 01078.00017.15454.29031

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
- Battery barely lasting 1 day,
- screen with lots of artifacts/stains in dark scenes when viewed in a poor lit/dark environment in videos (all qualities, all resolutions) and in some images. Poor codecs/drivers or screen faulty,
- edge is power hungry and heats up the device, also sometimes just lags and performance is simply bad.
- bugs with screen upon quick turn off/turn on when glance is activated.
- some rarely crashes in settings and store
- sometimes screen is less responsive when phone sits on the table.
- hiss-pop sound from the speaker each time a sound is over or randomly when no sound plays.
- sometimes keyboard flickers. rarely and for a split-second.

some of them are SO related but others could be FW related (the arrifacts in videos on dark scenes, battery).

we'll see what improvements will the FW update bring.

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I have random reboots when using continuum.
Second display not working when docked.
Battery life lasting 2-6 hours with moderate use.
Gets hot In pocket.
Random app crashes.

I have an AT&T carrier locked phone. Matte white with build .36 and firmware

I have a hunch, that in the US, At&t branded devices are the ones experiencing more issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon