I accidentally peel one of my microphone rubber gasket (Lumia 950)

Bobby Inggas

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
i did it accidentally:cry::cry::cry:. will it be alright ? will it affect my microphone recording quality ? should i take it for repairment or leave it like that ?
and what is the purpose of the rubber gasket on the microphone ?image1 [7818836].JPG

TuanLVT

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
i never touched that one on my phone and its not on the right place where it should be.... might be because the case is too tight so it moved it a little bit down...im going to take it to repair

and in ur position i would recommend u to take it to repair

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
i never touched that one on my phone and its not on the right place where it should be.... might be because the case is too tight so it moved it a little bit down...im going to take it to repair

Mine was messed up out of the box, it was out of place and covering the mic.

bobby_inggas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site

how is your sound recording quality if it's not on the right place ?

bobby_inggas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
It was still sticky, I just used my fingernail and carefully scraped it off. Whatever adhesive they used to secure it seems to never cure, its just goo.

How is your recording quality now after you repositioned it ? even though it always slide down and you have to reposition it.

i got more wind noise from it when i tried to listen from left speaker only. and got less wind noise from my right speaker when listening it from right speaker only.

Do you think the rubber gasket protects the microphone from wind noise ? or reduce the wind noise ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes